How to do it?

Anyone advise me on the paperwork I need to deal with in extracting myself from the US and getting retired residency citizenship in Belize?  I have no interest in Ambergris Cay what other gulf-side town offers the best options for safety, security, cost of living, health care?

Ok where t start,virtually all the information you need you will find if you go through the archived messages on this forum. All paper work and forms are on line, and map will tell you the names of other towns on the coast line of Belize.
If you have never visited the country of Belize you are going about it the wrong way(IMHO).
If you have not set foot in the country opinions gleened from others will only give you a vague idea. Belize has several very different areas despite its tiny size, some areas have lots of Expats fairly close to each other, especialy in the north, others have far fewer expats especially in further south in Toledo district. Health care in the whole of Belize is good and inexpensive at the basic level but there is little or no high tech medical care for things like coronary care and cancer care. Cost of living depends on how you want to live, modern US standard housing with air conditioning and pool, and purchasing the brands of foods you are used to will not be any cheaper than the US and could be a lot more expensive.
All north american/ european branded items are imported and will have added duty to the cost.
My advice is visit check out two or three different areas and then decide. It could save a very costly mistake if you jumped in and then discovered the rainy season is too wet and the dry season is too hot for your lifestyle.
I love Belize, but before purchasing property and deciding to retire there,  we had known the country and been frequent visitors for 20 plus years. I decided the right place for me was the middle of the country I can reach most places i want to get to by car(beaches, airport,friends, mountains) in two hours or less.
Hope this does not come across as discouraging but transporting your life to a new and different culture/location/climate is a very big step not to be taken too lightly.

Over the past 30 years I have been a frequent visitor to the Yucatan, Palancar Reef diver, and would have chosen that area since I am rather familiar with it.  However, the fact that Mexico is the Kidnapping for Ransom capital of the world I am not interested in living in such an environment :(., bummer since the Palancar in Cozumel has the best diving this side of the world.  Belize is so close, and on the Yucatan, also a diving center, which I have yet to experience, it is my second choice.  While the per-capita murder rate is high I understand the reason is the big city crime and not a reflection on the countryside,  I have the usual genetic medical issues of Northern Europeans (Irish-German-English heritage) and need simple chronic, continuing care to prevent complications as I age.  Due to the diving industry I understand that medical care is very good, on par with US, but as you point out the major medical issues are beyond the local capability.  However, Mexico has an excellent medical system - actually surpassing the US- and is mucho cheaper than the outrageous money grubbing pirates in the health care system here.

How difficult was your entry into Belize and how difficult to obtain residency?  I have the finances to qualify for the program to gain immediate residency and citizenship.  I have a PhD in chemistry with a long professional experience in environmental applications.  I am a retired commissioned officer of the US Coast Guard and worked in marine environmental programs while on active duty.  I have worked for the Dept. of Energy, US EPA, US FDA, and General Services Admin./Federal Supply Service.  I am retired and have no interest in finding work, however, if the environmental program has a need for my marine and terrestrial skills and knowledge I would be happy to help out.  I am an environmentalist and have enjoyed managing many beneficial programs that solved real issues.

I own property and will need to divest myself or find a manager since it is part of a trust I created to endow a Genetic Research student at George Washington University in St. Louis in my estate and prefer to have the property as a source of funds for the endowment rather than pay taxes when the money is not needed at this time.  I then need a passport and at that point I have no idea of further documents and other bureaucratic nonsense.

When I first began traveling to Mexico I needed only to show my Military ID to enter the country, and again to re-enter the US.  How times have changed!(  Now the bureaucrats have heaped complications on the traveler.  I need your advice in what you experienced and how to avoid complications, if possible.

Gracias Senorita :)

all the forms are on line for QRP  we are still working through them as myhusband realistically cant fully retire for another year, but we bought land puy on a small house and our son lives there full time and is filing for his PR next month when he has lived there 12 continuous months. I manage to get down for a couple of weeks every couple of months. We have got a Belize bank account which makes day to day life in country and it will  be need it later for  for the deposits into Belize for the QRP anyway..Other major things you will need to get for that are medical  exams, yes a paassport , and police reports that say you are not a criminal or trouble maker. Yes you have to show proof of income of at least the 2000$ per month for the program. There is a lot of red tape and it is not fast but you can move to Belize and do the monthly visa exctentions while your application is processing. Also you are NOT allowed to work on the QRP, even if you start a business you personally cant work just employ others. That also includes volunteer work, but not absolutely sure, for that you MAY be able to get a permit. All along the route thee are fees for various applications not huge but its how Belize gets revenue it has very low taxes so gets its money from fees and duties.
The QRP is run through the tourist board whereas the Permanent residency is run through the immigration dept.
At present I dont think QRP can lead to citizenship, only  getting permanent residency then 5 years down the line can you apply for citizenship.  Hope this all helps also. My sons are of the opinion diving in Belize is the best in the world bar none.

Better than Cozumel?)

only hearsay Im not a diver, just snorkeling for me. but my sons believe its the best. Next week taking the grandchildren they will be out there snorkeling for the first time should be fun

Quintana Roo is well managed by the drug cartels.  safe from kidnapping etc. for the average expat.   goods and services are readily available.    If you are desperate to get out of the USA, Uruguay or Ecuador may be a good idea for you.  If you are unhappy with the USA,  you may not like it in Belize.   There is much to love about Belize, and much to dislike.   I strongly suggest you visit the all areas suggested, and carefully review your options.  I came to Belize because I wanted to be here , not because I disliked anything about living in the USA.

Why is living in Belize like living in the US Police State?  Please explain in detail and not with ambiguity and generalizations.  Why would living in an area controlled by criminals (drug cartels) be beneficial and desirable?

Please re read what I said.  never said USA was a police state.  Said Belize as an undeveloped country was similar to a USA urban slum.   which is true.  now since you expect all of us to do all your reasearch for you and then you want to argue with our opinions, perhaps you can pick another part of the world to share your fabulous self.

the drug cartels in Quintana Roo are considered as a Robin Hood type of organization..    law and order (other than the drug trade) is maintained so as to not draw the attention of local law enforcement.   They put many dollars into the local economy and prevent violence and robberies against expats.   Now if you do not understand any of this, please come to Belize and research for yourself.

:) Since you appear to have been there, or are there, I will take your word since I am looking for the knowledge of those who have lived there to pave the way for me.

Thanks Amigo :)

My my...aren't we touchy? 

You can go away...I need thoughtful, educated information considering this action to leave all behind and relocate to a country which I have never been to or personally know anyone who has.

Civilization develops from the beneficial experiences of those who have gone before us and discovered what is good and what to avoid.  It is the height of stupidity and arrogance to think you are the only one who knows what to do and how to do it.  As a scientist I have studied the thoughts and actions of all those who have gone before in order to advance the knowledge and take advantage of their wisdom resulting from their experiences.

No...you cannot do this move for me...contrary to your illogical and rude statement...I must do it myself, or not do it according to my decision based on the information provided by those who have gone before and their experiences, both good and bad.  When traversing a minefield it is best to step in the steps of those who survived and reached the other side.  Only an idiot blunders into something this complex without first asking those with experience for advice.

This is what is called the research phase of decision making.

I don't need irrational, neurotic trash talk from judgmental people like you...do me a favor and take your comments elsewhere to be appreciated by others of your antisocial ilk.

Thanks for your insight.

I really see no benefit to spending a lot of time and money traveling all over Belize in order to consider a place to settle.  The experiences of those already at those locations is all I need to determine if a place is suitable or not.  Unlike most people I have spent a lifetime benefiting from the knowledge of those who have lived the experience and are able to describe their reasons for being happy with a particular place or situation.  In this research phase of gathering information I am looking for certain social and community situations which I find favorable to being contented. 

I moved out of the big city to a rural area because I was unhappy with the social and intrusive nature of the experience of city living, the continual fights, murders, drug use, thievery, and thuggishness.  The government, both state and federal is becoming more and more intrusive and restrictive.  Police are militarized, using military vehicles and abusing the citizenry.

Now that I am retired I will pick and choose where I wish to live with the intent of being content.  While your suggestion is certainly with merit and exhaustive in direct personal experience I believe it is much to expensive and burdensome, travel is not as easy as it once was, especially in an area I've never been.  I've traveled in Mexico in the Yucatan, areas of the Mayan/Aztec sites and found the experience wondrously pleasurable. While Belize has similar sites I'm not sure they are of the same restored quality or as accessible.  It is something I intend to pursue if I make the move.  First I will need to establish a base of operations, and that is what I am now attempting to do with the kind assistance of those who have done this.

I ask only that anecdotal information of the experiences both good and bad be provided for my review and education.  Happy people usually are very pleased to relate good experiences and brag about their successful move.  I am an audience for loquacious people to talk my ear off about how much fun they had doing this move to such a wonderful place.

My your verbage is exquisite, but it is very condicending.

Cochise...I calls it as I sees it...."condescending indeed?"  What part of my presentation did you find condescending and why?  My professions required clarity and brevity in verbal communication.  It is a developed skill that is very valuable and appreciated by those who are good communicators.  I welcome all viewpoints and perspectives of those who have done this relocation process, and value their opinions.  It is still my responsibility to separate the "chaff from the grain" and make personal use of the information provided.

I'm already targeting Corozol due to the glowing description by a resident in that location.  That is a start.  If anyone has negative information about that area I welcome their anecdotal information.