I wanna be fluent in English!!

I love Idioms 'it's raining cats and dogs'

Tina.crazy wrote:

Hello everybody
I wanted to know how could anyone become fluent in english as it's my struggle to speak english without hesitating or pausing
I have been studying english for 16 yrs in my life and I'm very good at most of the vocabulary and grammar but I'm not actually good at introducing myself  in English

'Practice makes perfect' though no one is perfect.

You will improve through social interactions with English speakers, work on your fears.Act like you are a gal on mission, try to accomplish it. One step at a time you will get there.
I think children's programmes are an easier way of learning a foreign language compared to grown-up stuff.

I think that's a great suggestion Mariam.

It does make me think back of times when I used to watch Sesame Street.. and yes it really did influence my vocabulary.
You just gave me an idea to search local children's programs to improve my Turkish!

Enjoy the day!
Z

Mariamns wrote:

I think children's programmes are an easier way of learning a foreign language compared to grown-up stuff.

moonwl wrote:

save much words and know the grammar and use it in practice to speak to others

Is that google translate?

I wish i could speak Eng fluently as an native speaker :((( Dream never come true . haizzzz

Me either, still having the same problem untill now , people surrounding me cant speak english . Many ways i have tried to learn english . I also have tried to communicate with people through skype but mostly of them not really want to speak english with me .

Ai Ho wrote:

I wish i could speak Eng fluently as an native speaker :((( Dream never come true . haizzzz

Native speakers are commonly useful to speak to, but we're in short supply, and many of us need a rest from the hoards of people wanting to speak to a native speaker.
You have to consider our point of view on this one - if one person or group stops you, asking you to help them with their English, it can be fun.
When it happens for the tenth time that day, it loses its appeal.
That's what the vast majority of us don't answer the request for skype time.

Of course, as with every group of people, some of us are grumpy, and just can't be bothered to help anyone.
My personal favourite is the very rare occasion I go to a tourist site, knowing I'll be accosted by bands of students looking to interview a tourist.
I can enjoy letting my lousy humour off its leash, confusing the merry hell out of the kids.
I had one lot convinced I was Indonesian, my father was Dutch, and I couldn't speak English.

Even if you can speak foreign language on a basic ample level, I think its good. Its definitely a dream for a lot of people, so I guess its best not to underestimate yourself.

Enjoy!
Z

Ai Ho wrote:

I heard a new (new to me) expression that really tickled my fancy. It was "Well, shut the front door!" in a tone of wonderment - as an alternative for "I'll be damned!" It seems to have originated as a euphemism for the expression usually abbreviated as STFU; and I can see the connection. But I like the "I'll be damned" version best.

I'll go to the top of our stairs.

An exclamation of surprise.

Many other words are never mentioned in English lessons, but are in very common use.
A prime example is the use of words mentioning dogs and round things, as opposed to round things with no dogs involved.
Over 18s without nervous dispositions may lookhere for a full explanation.

In March 2014 I posted a piece on my personal blog with the title "The death of Lady Mondegreen", which may be of interest to the OP and anybody else looking to learn English as a foreign language. The origin of the word "mondegreen" is relatively recent, though coming from a centuries-old Scottish ballad, an extract from which I give below. Google will lead you to web-posts with the above title in them - including my post, which lies in 5th place on the search-page.
Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,
Oh, where have ye been?
They have slain the Earl o' Moray,
And Lady Mondegreen.

Tina it's quite simple to speak actually as u know the base n basics try this idea read newspapers loudly in front of mirror n repeat the lines again n again for an hour 4 tines a week and see the difference read most personality interview in English good day dear

You need to pracice as much as you can and find an english person to talk to for better practice.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR