New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi Julien and thanks for the warm welcome.

Been meaning to join for sometime now, now actually done it!

As an intro, I'm 68, been with my lady for 30 years, have two grown up kids, both have now flown the nest, so why do we remain in the UK l ask?

For the past twelve years we've been holidaying in Sousse twice yearly, loved every minute, made a load of friends in various towns and now want to live there.

Sure, the present situation is not conducive to our moving right now but it can't, hopefully, last forever.

When this sad period passes we shall make a positive decision and basically would welcome all tips.

Thanks for reading, best wishes, Paul. X

Hey,

I am romanian, i recently moved to Tunisia with my husband who is Tunisian. We live in Sousse and I would love to meet any expats no mather where from ;)

Hello All,

I am Deepak and I have come from India and now staying in Tunis :)

Hope to find some like minded people here.

Regards

Hi All.
I'm Axel Van, Am camerounian. I'm living here now but i will move To Tunisie in 2 months, because of study. Hope you Will tell me more about tunisia before i come. Thanx!

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Tunisia and all the best for your course.

Hi there !
Originally from Tunisia and I've been living and working abroad for many years. I'm looking for an interesting and enriching network of people from all around the world living in Tunisia.

How do you like living in Tunisia ?

Hi Deepak,

Waw, That's a long way man ! What made you come to Tunisia? Are you as Wise as Deepak Chopra? :)

Hi Anes,

I am here for some assignment ... :)

Hi Oana,

How r u ?

Hope to talk to u soon

Take Care :)

Whats ur name and where are u now and where do u live in india

Dudeepak wrote:

Hi Watchdog , Whats ur name and where are u now and where do u live in india

Greetings,

I am James an American living in NYC. Born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens.

On a recent trip to Tunis I came across some great business ideas which I plan on perusing.

Please don't ask me to share them as they are the foundation of the investment of my life savings.

I wanted to say a few things

1. Hi! and thanks for this valuable resource.

2. I want to make sure I have enough money to be okay while in Tunisia perusing my business plans, I have been looking at cost of living guides and they all look beautiful compared to NYC. I am just concerned of hidden surprises. I make about 3000.00 USD a month in passive income, will that be enough to ensure me a high quality of life including health insurance?

3. Is it easy to find fellow Americans to make friends with?

I hope everyone is safe and well.

All The Best,

James

Hi James,
Welcome to Tunis.
About question 2. I think 3000 dollars should be fine. It's true that rental fees could be expensive if you leave in some areas (La Marsa, Carthage or Lac). Also, you might need a car especially for administrative tasks.
Some hobbies could become expensive : golfing, scuba diving, horsing.
But in general, if you now how to manage you expenses you could live easily and even save more money.
Good luck for the project !
Nawel

Hi!

Thanks so much for your warm reply.

Can anyone recommend an English speakimg attorney?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post.

Also, I would like to save money and dont need to live in a expensive area. I just neex to be safe and have decent access to medical care.

Warmest Regards,

James

James,
You can find a very decent accommodation in a nice area for ~$600. Monthly expenses won't exceed $1000 per month for one person living comfortably.
There some US expats and probably through the US embassy you can find out how to contact them.
Good luck buddy :)

Hello hello :)
i feel so happy after this messages.. U guys made me feel so proud for being Tunisian :D
Welcome! Hope u'r all comfortable and enjoying your moments, courses, even your business... Good luck for you all.
With my best wishes XoXo... From Sousse :)

Hi !
I Malek From tunisia 21 years old i am a student in canadian university in tunisia
i d like to have friends from others nationalities who live in tunisia and i ll be here if someone need anything
i speak 5 languages and no problems if i learn more  :D:one 
so Please Do not hesitate to contact me :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529780

Thanks!

Closed