New members of the Poland forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Poland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Poland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Poland forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

My name is Moonam and i am doing business in europe.I am planning to move to warsaw,currently i live in poznan.

hi guys, been in Poland 1 year now, loving it, got a nice business in Katowice if anyone needs work?
and have many ideas how to make legal money online if you do not want to work the 40 hours bs :-)
nice to meet you all, now let`s partay

Czesc,

I've been living in Tychy, 20 km south of Katowice, for four months now and am looking to make more friends. Tychy is great, but it's difficult to really connect with people against the language barrier and the slightly conservative mindset here.

I am currently working as an English teacher, but I conisider myself more as a musician. I love most cultural or physical activities and am always happy to get a drink.

Looking forward to meeting people here.

Ed

Hello world =)

Im a Portuguese graphic designer who moved in to Warsaw in the beginning of the year.

Love the city so far but have to admit living all my friends behind kind of left me a bit lost friendship wise, and even though im constantly surrounded by people all the time sometimes its hard to..... simply connect.
So i was more then glad to see this plattform, therefore i wave my flag to all of you on the other side who might want to grab a drink, go for a bike ride, play a board game, catch a movie, check a museum, go for a walk, or simply talk.... just let me know....... where are my new friends =)

Cheers yall

welcome to Poland Tiago, next time I am in Warsaw I will let you know, and we could go for a few beers,
cheers from the englishman in Poland (sting sang it best) :-)

Hey thanks for the reply, cool ill wait for that opportunity =) see you soon

I am originally from Gdansk but at the moment having a party in Krakow.

ha Krakow, I was there for a week 2 weeks ago, mighty fine place to party :-)

Hi my name is jon I teach construction and English  from my company in the UK. After a long and fruitless battle with the UKBA me and my gf (ukrainian )are looking for a viable place away from russian terrorists.I am a tiler and plasterer as well as a teacher and was thinking of maybe Krakow region .I wouldn't mind getting into eco tourism building some strawbale.earthbag huts.While maybe teaching as well.English through construction crossover..I don't speak polish but don't have a good reason to not learn..I will come over and get a good feel for wherever first but joining this forum is a start.

Hello I'm gervie, living here in Poland for 10months. I'm looking for work and friends :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, though not to the country or the city. I've been here for almost six years, and also lived nine years in another part of the country before coming to Warsaw (I got married in 2011). Despite the time spent here in the capital, I'm still absurdly oblivious to most of what's on offer. I'm hoping somebody can recommend a good live music venue, perhaps the kind of place rock/indie fans would hang out. That or a really decent jazz venue. Can anybody recommend some places?

Cheers.

Hi Edward, what instrument do you play? I'm asking because I've got two friends (we were in a band together for about 9 years) coming over to Warsaw from Zielona Góra in two weeks, and we're looking to record some stuff, and maybe, maybe, if the circumstances were appropriate you might be interested in getting involved?

Hi everybody, I live in Dhaka,Bangladesh. I want to study in Poland (Warsaw University of Technology). If anybody can help me about that please knock me via email ([email protected]). It'll be helpful for me. Thank you,

as I am planning to move in to Poland please help me
Can I find Pakistani female Students
Pakistani food  store

Hi,

My name is Jacob Kim from South Korea, and i am going to stay in Poland for 2 years. i will be in Warsaw to do business and i am looking for reliable and kind friends who can share the rest of time when the working is over. i like to drink and talk with pp. if somebody is interested in Korea and food do not hesitate to contact me. :)

Hi everybody,
my names is Marlena and I come from Katowice. My mother tongue is polish but I speak french and english too.
If you need some help or you are interested in visiting Katowice, don't hesitate to ask me :)
I wish you great weekend !

When you have chance to play music, could you please invite me to the place?

If you are ukrainian and managed to get to Poland without having polish ancestry please message me how you did it and who helped.My partner and I are trying to start a new life where someone will allow ukrainians to be free.

Hi,

My name is Sophie. I am from Belgium and I just moved to Warsaw last week.

I am looking to make new friendship outside of work, to go out over the week-end. I am NOT looking for romance.
If you live in Warsaw, if you are Polish or other nationality, do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Soph

Hi Sophie, are you interested in a new sport & keeping fit?

Hi anybody interested in learning a new sport & keeping fit plus chatting in English?

Contact,

Good fun.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Hi all I will be moving to Poland soon. Will be south of Poznan in an area Sulejewo. I would like to start making friends and build up some idea of what to expect.

I am married with two kids.

Thanks
Mark

Good evening to everyone,

My job now bringing me in Poland, in the Sochaczew region specifically. I intend to stay +/- one year. Therefore, would there be people who could assist me to to settle down in the region?

Thank you in advance

Hello Everyone,

I'm Anoop. I'm from Mumbai, India and I'm a Marine/Ship engineer by profession. I am starting my Masters in Ocean Engineering in Gdansk soon. I was curious to know if it will be possible for me to look for permanent jobs in the shipping industry there, with a student Visa. If not, any inputs as to how to go about it?

Thanks & Regards,
Anoop.

Hello here David! musician! from Spain to Poland!!  :cool:

Hello everybody, I'm polish lady :)
Seeking English / French / Portuguese -speaking ladies in Warsow.
For "cafe" and also wish to find female flat / room- mate :)

I'm Pedagog and Vocalist.

Best regards!

Thanks! Merci! Obrigada!  :)

Kate - Catherine - Catarina

Hi folks! My name's Robert, I'm from Italy and been living abroad for 7 years now - 6 years in Dublin, then shorter times in France and Berlin, 8 months in Bratislava. Moving tomorrow to Krakow and very happy about that.
Still looking for jobs - I have lots of experience in customer support - so  if anybody has jobs to share they are welcome.

I'm also a writer trying to take off -  have 3 novels ready ( only one in English for the mo) and 4th coming up. If you know anybody in the publishing industry you could suggest me to contact (in Poland or abroad)i will defo buy you one/lots of beers :D

Ciaooo

Robert

Hi everyone! I moved to Kraków but don't know anyone, and am looking for people to meet up with and make new friends :) I'm very social and love to go out for a beer/coffee/etc. Don't hesitate to contact me!

And with me No one wants to write or meet for a beer and just talk... it is how you can be lonely in the big city :sosad:

Hi,

My name is Darcy. I am here from the US for school. Living in Warsaw and looking to meet people to hang out with.

Hey,
My name is Emrys and I moved to Krakow almost 3 weeks ago. If anyone fancies hanging out give me a shout :)

Hi to all. My name is Martin Kahao and I am from Tucson, AZ. I arrived in Poznan Poland about two weeks ago for work. I will be here for about 80 days and was looking for any groups that might meet on a regular basis for conversation, lunch, dinner, site seeing...I am staying in the center of the city and have learned my way around walking and using my may. I hope to hear from some people who are looking for some opportunities to get together in the future. MJK

Hi,

Polish woman who run a small language school in Warsaw. Married with 2 daughters, 6 and 9. Love travelling ( who doesn't?) meeting people from different countries with opened mind and heart.

hi how are  you?
i am sahir pakistani
Living and working as IT/Netwrok administrator in kuwait last 15 years
am getting an opportunity to live in poland.
i just want to see you experience about living and working in poland
regards
Iqbal Sahir

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529764

Thanks!

Closed