New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hello
for start i would like to send you my condolences for the loss of your husband.
Morocco is big place , if you tell me exactlly what you are looking for and things to expect  from living here in morocco i be delighted to help you out.
I have lived abroad my self too i know   what is like moving to a new country ...feel free to ask me any questions.

regards

Ben

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : post an advert in the housing section pls

I feel like I'm in an AA meeting..   "Hello my name is...  and I am a.... "  I doubt many of you know what I'm talking about but all the same I'm an American,  English and French teacher living in Casablanca.  I'm always interested in meeting new people not to mention gaining new clients.  Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have in terms of language, neighborhoods, culture, etc.  Morocco is a wonder unto itself, it can however at times be a bit difficult to navigate.   What it will do is keep you on your toes which is another way of saying that it keeps life interesting.

Hi all,
I went back to Morocco after living in the UK and France for more than a decade.
Me and my wife are interested in meeting other English speaking families with young children.

regards,

go to starbucks Gare station casablanca or costa coffee

hahaha ... AA meeting  :)
bonjour "an american" !
bonjour fairkon !

Hello

Looking to make new friends (female only) .I have lived in casablanca for 7+months and now go back and forth between the uk and casablanca to visit family. I really looking to learn darija and would love to meet moroccan people. In exchange I can teach conversational English.

Heyy .. well i am moroccan i live in rabat and i have my familly in casablnaca . i can be your friend :D

welcome dear into your country
i hope inchaallah you will get a new hopeful life with you kids, and if you need  any help i am in you order

salam mr fairkon
pleased to meet you , i am bechelor in english studies and jobless since 4 years which make me lose my englich pronounciation and accent, that make me ashamed of , i still have some baggage but i am not satisfied
i wish i can be you freind , i think i will learn a lot from you

i pleased to be your freind , i am from casa and i ma a bechelor english studies , but unfortunately jobless since 4 years , what about uuuuuuuuuuuuu dear

pleased to meet u and ur wife mr saad

Hi my name is Richard and I am an Englishman currently on sabbatical from my job in London.

I moved to Rabat in February to be with my wife who works here. She has been working here for 3 years now so I have visited often but now I am actually resident here.

Hello,
Thank you for your warm welcome, i hope i will be an active member in your club of translation, i'd like to share my story with : having spent nearly ten years in the Libyan capital Tripoli, doing translation with the main offices there and sometimes with foreign companies like BP ...i showed a great talent of freelance translation and earned a good reputation among the offices and colleagues, but the violence and the chaos that shaped the post-khaddafi era pushed many of us to move outside the Libyan country, i am now back in my own country Morocco.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

some of my documents will be  attached here, like my own picture, my translation work certificate, and my CV

:)
verry good experience

Hello,

I am from Tangier and i am searching for expat people in Tangier to meet with them :)

Hi, i am new in Rabat looking for new friendship.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com all new members  :happy:

@Chambana, can you please introduce yourself so that other members of the Morocco forum may get acquainted to you.

Cheers,
Bhavna

hey guys,

I'm moving to marrakesh. This sunday(27th) i will arrive in Marrakesh. I'm 21 and got a job offer. I'm curious to meet other expats in Marrakesh that can show me around in the city.

Best to all of you :)
Stijn

:cheers: Hello there.... I am a male expat from southeast asia who just moved to Rabat 2 months ago... I am teaching in a college here. I stumbled upon this site to see if I can gain new acquaintances in Rabat since I wasn't able to go around much because I am unfamiliar with the places to go or safe joints to hang out. I hope I can find new chat buddies here, of better yet, hang out with interesting people... good day!

welcome teacher, i am please to meet u, unfortunately am from casablanca

why don't you program yourself to feel home everywhere instead  :)  no offense meant, I know what you're saying that's why am suggesting,I've been there but I decided that wherever I go I make it home by adapting positively

Hi my name is Sondra and I am a 52 yr. old woman currently living in Los Angeles, Ca.  I was seriously considering Ecuador as a place to retire when I stumbled upon articles about Morocco.  How liberal it is, I already love Middle Eastern/African culture at least the diluted US version that I have experienced.  I am researching whether it would be a good fit for for me.  I would love to live by the sea in a not too modern area as I really want to experience the culture and the people of Morocco.  Also I am not interested in living in one of the secluded gated communities that a lot of expats seem drawn to.  For me that would defeat the purpose of living in a foreign country.  I have seen pictures of Essaouira and it looks amazing. 

So I am on the hunt for all of the information that I can gather.  Thanks

I am very excited that that North African/ Middle Eastern values attract you, as many of our youths are lured by Western values: unfettred freedom of expression, freedom of women, high standards of living, economic and social prosperity, you are right, we have a veri beautiful nature in Morocco: mountains, desert, seas of sand, sea beaches...forests,..etc, i advise you to live in a sea beach city like essaouira, or eljadida, mohamedia is also very warm, our people are very friendly and like to talk with tourists to exchange different points of view.

looking forward to hearing from you

sincerely yours

Jaafar

Hi Sondra,
I am a semi-retired New Yorker who moved to Essaouira in 2014. It is a beautiful town and living in the medina really give you the feel of an exotic locale. Please let me know how I can add further. As for ex-pats, there aren't many Americans in this town but plenty of English and Aussies as well as French, of course. Moroccans are a very warm & charming people.
And when you do come to Essaouira, I'd love to meet you. Freya

My family just moved to Casablanca this summer. I am from Kansas/Texas/Wisconsin.  My husband and I have been wanting be to move to Morocco for several years. We are both delighted to be here. He spent his childhood in Morocco so he speaks the language (along with several others) and my American ear can't seem to hold on to a pronunciation of it was stapled to my head. I would love to hang out with some Moroccans (females) who want to work on their English so we can chat and laugh about our mutually terrible pronunciations. I would also be happy to hang out with some English fluent folks so we can share stories about why I can't find a freaking set of measuring cups anywhere.

Hi Sondra,

Morocco is a very interesting place. As a retiree, you could get involved in many things. I'm an American expat that has  lived in Morocco for a year. I haven't done much traveling here, and I really need to go to Essaouira, but I just visited Assilah last week and I found it to be a charming little sea town in the north-west Atlantic coast of the country; It's worth looking into.

Without a work contract or support from an organisation to help you with a visa process, you would have to leave the country at the end of a 90 day period ("counter" starts on the day you enter), you could return on the same day or afterwards, to restart the maximum allowed tourist entry time of 90 days without a visa. The Moroccan authorities will not be too concerned about you coming and going without a visa as long as you restart the "counter" (from my experience; I also,however, had paperwork to show that I had visa papers processing and I was sponsored by my employer).

All the best with your search!

Jaafar Nasserddine wrote:

I am very excited that that North African/ Middle Eastern values attract you, as many of our youths are lured by Western values: unfettred freedom of expression, freedom of women, high standards of living, economic and social prosperity, you are right, we have a veri beautiful nature in Morocco: mountains, desert, seas of sand, sea beaches...forests,..etc, i advise you to live in a sea beach city like essaouira, or eljadida, mohamedia is also very warm, our people are very friendly and like to talk with tourists to exchange different points of view.

looking forward to hearing from you

sincerely yours

Jaafar

That freedom of expression you speak of in the West, is nothing but an illusion, as some have unfortunately found out the hard way, including myself. Ironically I will probably get in trouble for saying this!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529753

Thanks!

Closed