New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ireland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello! My name is Carolyn. My husband and I have been doing some thinking about traveling through Europe and eventually living abroad, somewhere. Our plan is to spend acouple of weeks to a month in multiple countries. Length of time, unknown. Possibilities of working if/when our savings run out. Not sure where we would like to start, Ireland was in our first thought, or end. Is it best to get dual citizenship somewhere to help with getting a job, visas, etc? Looking for a blog from someone who has had this experience of traveling multiple countries then settling down. I hope someone could lead us in the right direction.  Thanks so much!
Carolyn

Hi everyone my name is lisa and me and my hasband are thinking of moving abroad specially in ireland...we cant take it anymore here in greece..so if anyone knows something please reply tomy message...oo i forgot we re from albania

Hi Lisa ireland is a nice country life would be much easier than most of eu countries  if you planning to come to Ireland or anywhere else on visit visa yiu won't be allowed to work so better get your long term study visa or work permit Un order to work . Also work here depending  what experience  have you got and level of English

Hi my name is John.  My fiancee and I want to move abroad and we would really appreciate some advice.  We're still living in South Africa, but the sooner we can go the better.  We've been struggling to find job opportunities abroad so we're trying to find out if there are other ways of going about it.  Any help would be great, especially from South Africans who has already made the move.

Hello Everyone,

I'm American and I was living in Australia for the last 4 years where I met my Irish hubby, we were married last December. My husband's father passed away and he was left the family pub so we've just made the move back to run that. We haven't quite gone through the visa stuff yet (I'm on day 5 of 90 days) but I'll be posting on my blog - anemeraldlife.com all about my journey adjusting to a new town, life… etc. If you have any questions about Australia, Ireland or the US -- I'd be happy to throw in my two cents.

Hi there
I am planning to relocate from South Africa to Ireland (Dublin)am currently studying logistics and working as a Junior manager in one of the biggest theater company with four years of experience.

Please advise.

Hi everyone! I'm a recent grad from America and I'm hoping to move back overseas sometime, fingers crossed for soon-ish! I studied abroad for a year in Northern Ireland and it absolutely feels like home, but I'm looking into moving somewhere in the Republic if getting a job there is easier... open to both, really, as well as the rest of the UK.

Hi all. My name is Lazar. I'm Bulgarian. Pleased to meet you! I plan to relocate and work in Ireland. I wish all people here a lovely autumn ....

Hello, my name is Shari.  I'm American and we're an American family.  About two years ago my husband got his Irish citizenship, through ancestry (his maternal grandmother was born in Belfast).  Two summers ago we spent three weeks traveling about Ireland and love it so much.

Our youngest daughter, now 14, very much wants the opportunity to live and study in Ireland.  We can't do it right away; I am a civil servant for the government of Oregon.  I can take early retirement with a pension in about two years.  That would put us in Summer 2017.  At that time our daughter would have finished 10th grade here and could start at a secondary school in a Transition Year program.

We are open to where we would move, but it seems like Cork has some very good secondary schools.  We are seeking guidance, advice and all the rest at this point.

you know it rains and rains and then some more rain here
only joking best of luck hope all goes well

also put the word out on facebook
lots on facebook

hi lazer best of luck

Yes -- we're aware that it rains a lot!

any particular club(s) or group(s) on FB?

sure be gor im only having the craic
but still try to find people on fb faimlies with teens you know
lots of banter info on facebook about ever ywhere schools small towns

also its much cheaper to live in country side and perfect quiter safer maby small town r village
any way cheers and best of luck

i cants stress enough u gota be on facebook
i know its facebook aghhhhh but every one uses it parents schools teens every village town all have stuff posted there
look for me is u want on fb
brendan flanagan askeaton limerick ull find

Dear Brendan,
Thanks for your support here.
What about you?
Congratulation for Limerick( I visited Limerick in April of 2015) . A very beautiful town with very friendly people, like most of irish people.

Best Regards:
Lazar

Hi everyone!

Newbie to the forum.

My name is Simone. I am from Cape Town, South Africa & currently studying for my PhD in Theology and seriously considering moving to Dublin as soon as I graduate.
I have heard from a few friends who have been to Ireland before, they can not stop going on about how beautiful Ireland is... Except for the weather... But I don't mind living in cold conditions.
I have wanted to relocate and work in Ireland since I finished high school and would like to make that a reality.
I am not sure what the Irish policy is on female Ministers... But I have numerous other qualifications for a 20 year old that would open me up for other job opportunities... But... Ministry would be my first choice.

What is it like to live in Ireland?
I would be relocating alone, so would I be able to mingle with others that are also from South Africa that live in Dublin, or would I be able to make friends easily... I am a very big people person, so don't have a problem getting along with people. I am a bit shy at first but boy, once I am comfortable around people... Let's just leave it at that.

Lastly, is there someone/people who would be willing to help me get everything in order for my move to Ireland.
I don't think it would be rather easy on my own. I would rather have the help or advice from people who are currently living in Dublin.

Catch 'ya on the flip side!  :D

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529746

Thanks!

Closed