New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Colombia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Colombia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello! my name is Paula.

Greetings all.  Think I finally figured out where the new members posts are!  My husband and I will be visiting Medellin December 30th, 2015 through January 16th, 2016.  We are an active retired couple with a dog, wicked senses of humor, great love of music and are looking for English-speaking expats living in Medellin. We have used expat-blog and have successfully visited Belize, Chile and Uruguay to explore a new home.  So far Uruguay is at the top of our final list.  This blog has been great for us contacting new friends in these countries.  We decided we wanted to be in a city and Medellin looks terrific.  We would love to hear from you and perhaps set up a time to visit -- drinks, food -- to get your views on Medellin. Cheers!

Hi All. my name is Sergio,
i was living in Australia for 6.5 Years, and now come back to my home country, i find everything new and different so trying to have fun.. and explore my country again...

Gracias a todos. :)

Hello all, I am an American citizen that also has his Colombian citizenship and I speak both English and Spanish fluently. I am thinking of moving to Colombia. I'm considering moving to Rio Negro, somewhere in the coffee zone or Manizales. My wife who currently lives in Colombia and I are expecting a baby in December 2015.
I keep on swearing that my English and my dual citizenship should help me land a job over there but, I can be mistaken.
I wanting to know how much I need to make to live in a decent place that has at least 3 bedrooms. I much rather buy or rent a very small finca where little by little we can buy cattle.
Any suggestions? I look forward to hearing what many of you have to say. Thank you.

Saludos aTodos (Greetings All),

I have one more week to work as a Teamster at the former Nevada Test Site now known as the Nevada National Security Site and then I am done with the work thing:-)

I love learning languages and exploring new cultures.  I taught myself to read and write Russian as a hobby and took three semesters in college while living in Alaska.  Five years of college, an AA and BA both with honors and I drive a truck for a living.  Go figure!  I am self-taught in Spanish (level 20 on Duolingo which they claim is 60% fluent), recently started learning French and can get by in English.

A widower the past six years, I have developed a very close friendship with a Columbian lady after being introduced via Facebook by a mutual friend who now resides in Bogota.

My house is already listed with a realtor and I have made arrangements to auction virtually all of my remaining worldly possessions after having given many to family and friends.

I would be extremely grateful to make the acquaintance of any North American expats living in the area around Fusa to bounce all the usual new expat questions off of.

Nos vemos pronto,
Nevada

Dear All,

I am an EFL teacher planning to move to Colombia because of my interest in the culture. I wonder if anybody could recommend me any useful sites looking for EFL jobs or give me advice on how to look for jobs. Thanks

Hello all
My name is Daniel, I'm portuguese and I started to live in Medellín just a couple of weeks ago.
I'll be working here for the next few years with frequent travels to some other colombian cities.
Looking forward to make friends here.

Hello,

I'm Emily and I am moving to Bogota in 30ish days! I will be teaching at a private school and looking to connect with other expats.

Still working on my Spanish. I'm American and looking forward to the new culture of Bogota. Thias will be my first adventures in South America. I study Abroad in europe back in Collage, but hadn't made it to South America yet.

I'm looking forward to meeting Expats in my area.

Hi. I live in Manizales with my Colombian family and although I don't know the rest of the country, I can tell you that Manizales is pretty quiet and peaceful for the region with spectacular countryside and very polite friendly people. Fabulous thermal spas and good cinemas and shopping. What makes it special is the decency of the people.

Hi everyone!

My name is Sam, I am Australian, and I am looking to move to Medellin to get some experience in ESL teaching at the start of 2016.
I have travelled to South America before, and absolutely loved it - so I'm trying for a longer time now, possibly a year or two!
I would love to hear any advice from people who live in Medellin/Colombia, and expats who have worked and lived there- any hints are very welcome. I honestly can't wait to experience it!

Hi!

My name is Scott.  I just spent three awesome weeks living in Medellin.  What a great city, filled with friendly people, a clean, efficient metro, a museum full of Botero paintings, terrific weather and delicious food.  This was my first trip to Colombia and South America and I can't wait to return. 

I'm not independently wealthy, thus I need to work.  I recently completed a Teaching English as a Foreign Language certification course and I'd love to teach English at an English language school.  I looked at a few schools while in Medellin, but I didn't find a job.  I'm looking at ESL websites and networking.  If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.

I hope to return later this year, if possible, but certainly by January 2016.

BTW, a Lagotto is an Italian water dog, and I have one with me here in California.  :)

Hola!

My name is Angela and I live in Orlando Fl. I am a US citizen who has visited Bogota many times over the last 5 years, as that is where my boyfriend lives. I really would like any kind of guidance anyone has on what kind of visa if any I could get to be able to stay in the country and preferably work. The distance and the traveling is just not working out anymore. I am bilingual and have a college degree in the states.

Thanks all!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529734

Thanks!

Closed