New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bulgaria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bulgaria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Sono pensionato, musicista, purtroppo single,  vivo a Firenze ma sto pensando alla possiilità di trasferirmi dall'Italia, una possibile meta potrebbe essere la Bulgaria, forse Varna essendo sul mare, comunque vorrei sapere cortesemente  alcune cose come si vive in Bulgaria, il costo della vita, la sicurezzza, la sanità, le possibilità di relazioni e se ci sono delle comunità Italiane perchè parlo solo italiano e questo è un problema! Grazie per la risposta!!!

Your post in Italian sadly is unreadable for an Anglo site, please either post your Italiano language with the flag on the Italian forum or translate in English.
Grazie e auguri, Steve.

I am retired, musician, unfortunately single, live in Florence but I'm thinking about moving to possiilità from Italy, a possible destination could be Bulgaria, Varna being perhaps the sea, however, kindly let me know some things as you live in Bulgaria, the cost of life, the sicurezzza, health, the possibility of relations and if there are Italian community because I only speak Italian and this is a problem! Thanks for the answer !!!

Hi All,
New to this forum but not Bulgaria, having owned a house since 2010.
Still living and working in UK for another couple of years before taking early retirement. Our place is just north of Veliko Tarnovo in a village called Radanovo. All the changes are coming along nicely and should be as we want it when the big day arrives to say goodbye to the UK.
I've enjoyed reading through the posts on this forum and maybe one day bump into some of you.
Cheers, Steve.

Welcome to the forum, it sounds like a good plan mate, it is not too different to my own plans.
My house is not too far from VT also I have been doing it up while being here in the UK, I am over in BG again next month flying in from Romania with "Blue air" spending time between Ruse, Byala and Lovech.
Have you found it all ok with your renovations, neighbors, traveling back and to, how do you get by with the language etc...?
Best wishes Steve.

Hi ,I'm living in middle east ,want to buy a home in Bulgaria.because there cheap,never been there can you give me some pointers of where to live...etc..I'm looking at property maybe 100 kilometres from sunny beach ,beautiful big homes on land..my dream is to have a couple of horses on land as well....what is the region like...Is it safe to live in the country...

Hi there other Steve.
We manage to do most of the work in spurts while still having holiday time. The Bulgarians in the village and next door have been fine. Bringing baskets of veg, bottles of Rakia etc. Language, I'm finding hard but my phone app seems to work along with sign language and perseverance.
We're flying into Sofia on Sunday and have someone in strimming this week so hopefully more holiday than work this time.
Best laid plans etc. so we'll see.
Thanks for welcome reply, Steve.

Hello all,

We moved to Bulgaria around 18 months ago to our apartment in Primosrko, we then decided to sell and bought a house in Shumen area which we have been slowly doing up but we have had problems with our builder and are now looking for a new builder if anybody wants any work please can they get in touch with us we are non smokers and have no Animals and are very friendly people.

Thanks
Pete & Gill

I'm from Slovenia and am plotting to move to Bulgaria, specifically Varna next month.

I got a job that doesn't tie me to any one place and Varna seems warmer, bigger and with more beaches than anything in SLO. Also should be significantly cheaper.

Good luck with your "plotting"   :/   (hope you enjoy your stay).
Regards Steve.

Hi All
Bought a house in a village called Mezhda got builders working on it so it should be finished in 7 weeks, then plenty of trips over to start enjoying it.well once I've furnished it!!! Would be nice to meet some new friends over there if anybody is close. Just need a few things sorted out like bank accounts Internet etc.
This was a spur of the moment purchase so would be nice to find out some places to visit.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul, and good luck with your new venture, have you visited the village yet?

I kind of bought spur of the moment too, going down the refurb route, I went out with an open mind and obviously there have been ups and downs but I am more than happy to have done it, not sure exactly where your village is, but there are flights from Manchester to Sofia often enough, (I tried Liverpool to Bucharest last week but I'd swerve that for a while hit road works on the border crossing that's ongoing!)

Good luck and any questions feel free to contact me.

Cheers Steve.

Hi all
We are Phil and Les
currently in Perth Australia.  Hopefully moving to Bulgaria early next year, so we will be having lots of questions to be answered in the near future
Regards Phil

Hi,,Welcome & Best Wishes relocating to BG,,,,eddie :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529730

Thanks!

Closed