New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Austria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Austria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

oh my goodness.
Im from singapore. hope to do music there next year.
intending to go there for a few days this july.
I totally need help. I feel so lost with this.
omg

Namaste
My name is Ekant and I am from Nepal ,currently living in a beautiful city of Pokhara.
I have been living here for about six years working as a therapeutic healer .I have been trained in shiatsu,  ayurvedic yoga massage , reiki and crystal healing . I have  also been teaching yoga and OSHO active meditation to beginners. Even though I love it here in pokhara I feel that it's time to move on and  start a new
adventure , therefore following my inner voice I have decided to go and work in Austria, and preferably in Graz. I have been living near the mountains and I have heard that Austria also have beautiful mountains ,another reason would be to be with my beloved who lives near by. So I  really want to move to Austria but I have no idea how. Accept for my girlfriend I don't know anybody there. If somebody can help me out to find a job there I would appreciate it very much . Thanks.

Hi, my name is Marko, I am from Croatia, and coming to Austria in a month. Very excited about the relocation and hope we (my family and I) will have good time here  :)

Hi my name is Manuel, I'm French and I was living In Australia for the past 5 years. I'm moving to Vienna mid August as my partner is from Austria. I'm really exited about this new adventure and I will have to find a job, a flat...and learn german.
A little help and some advices would be great  ;)
Thanks

manuelclairice wrote:

Hi my name is Manuel, I'm French and I was living In Australia for the past 5 years. I'm moving to Vienna mid August as my partner is from Austria. I'm really exited about this new adventure and I will have to find a job, a flat...and learn german.
A little help and some advices would be great  ;)
Thanks

Make a start in learning German now, and get to practice with your partner if you talk to her on the phone or other devices.

I'm working on that already, thanks though  :)

Hello everyone
I'm Derek from Dublin Ireland.
Lived in Australia for the last twenty years.
Looking for a job in hospitality management, have over twenty years experience in 5 star to owning my own venues.
Cheers

Derekmul wrote:

Hello everyone
I'm Derek from Dublin Ireland.
Lived in Australia for the last twenty years.
Looking for a job in hospitality management, have over twenty years experience in 5 star to owning my own venues.
Cheers

How is your German?

I want to come australia guide me

Moon456 wrote:

I want to come australia guide me

You have you us a bit more information. Do you want come on holiday, study, work?

What work do you do now?

Hi I'm Ashley I live in the United States I want to move to Austria and experience it and get a fresh start on life.

Hey guys its a pleasure to meet you, thanks for having a thread new joiners like myself can take their first step into the Expat.com.

I'm Peter from London, UK. Moving over to Vienna at the end of the month so am furiously learning my German. My girlfriend is from Vienna and has been living over here in England for the past 5 years so now its my time to embrace her homeland and embed myself into Austria. We will be looking for a place where we can settle down and eventually start a family so will stay with her parents whilst we view apartments. In terms of jobs, as a graphic designer i'm really hoping to work remotely from my new home until my german is up to scratch. Then it will be easier to find a more permanent role. I've found it very hard to find "english speaking" designer roles, and it seems as soon as Viennese companies find out I can't speak German i'm no longer a suitable candidate. I'm bringing my car to Vienna so will need to quickly learn how to drive on the right hand side of the road in a right hand drive car :D. I'm also looking to bring over my motorbike at some point and enjoy the incredible Austrian roads i've been hearing about.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice

Pete

Hi! I'm interested to work in austria. can somebody help me. I worked in Dubai as a retail supervisor for 6 years and now iam back in the Philippines but would like to move in austria for new experiences in life.

Hi all ,
I am Ahmed final year medical student from Egypt . I am going to Austria on October to do clinical training for 6 weeks at Medical University of Graz and i am looking forward to meet new people.

Best regards

Hey everyone! I just moved to Austria (Linz) a week ago to work here but I totally fell in love with the city and I hope to sray here permanently. I already got a job but now I need to find a place to live. Any ideas for cheap rent? Any of you looking for a flat-mate? Hahah :) I'm fun, I love music (I playbassguitar and guitar), I love spending time with friends. I'd love to make as many friends here as possible! So far I prefer to speak English but I'm getting better at german day by day :)

Rufio wrote:

Hey guys its a pleasure to meet you, thanks for having a thread new joiners like myself can take their first step into the Expat.com.

I'm Peter from London, UK. Moving over to Vienna at the end of the month so am furiously learning my German. My girlfriend is from Vienna and has been living over here in England for the past 5 years so now its my time to embrace her homeland and embed myself into Austria. We will be looking for a place where we can settle down and eventually start a family so will stay with her parents whilst we view apartments. In terms of jobs, as a graphic designer i'm really hoping to work remotely from my new home until my german is up to scratch. Then it will be easier to find a more permanent role. I've found it very hard to find "english speaking" designer roles, and it seems as soon as Viennese companies find out I can't speak German i'm no longer a suitable candidate. I'm bringing my car to Vienna so will need to quickly learn how to drive on the right hand side of the road in a right hand drive car :D. I'm also looking to bring over my motorbike at some point and enjoy the incredible Austrian roads i've been hearing about.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice

Pete

Don't bother bring the car over, might as well sell it in the UK and buy a car in Austria. As for Vienna you don't really need a car unless you traveling a lot in the middle of no where.

Hey thanks for your reply Simon, yes selling the car whilst still here in the UK would have been ideal, however i'm bringing over my pet chameleon which otherwise would have had to be privately couriered over by plane for over a grand. The price for transporting a reptile by plane is insane, so me and my little lizard friend along with quite a lot of our belongings will be having a mini road trip and once in Vienna I think we can re-evaluate the situation regarding the car. I totally agree with you about the Viennese transport system. I've been to Vienna twice now and love the commuting ease whether you are on a bus, tram, train or underground. My girlfriend is expecting though and so I have a little mini me to look forward to in the not so distant future, so whether or not a car will make things easier will be the deciding factor :)

Hi all ☺
I'm moving to Innsbruck in a few weeks from Wexford in Ireland, I'm making the move on my own and will be working in a private residence  so no work colleagues! Would love to hear from others living in the area
Thanks

Hello everyone,

My name is Ramon and I am planning on moving to Vienna this Fall for an upcoming graduate program in Global Studies. I have wanted to visit Vienna since the 8th grade and finally had my dream come true Junior year of college. However, after graduating I still felt the need to go back and continue to work on a thesis that I began while doing some archival research in the Austrian State Archives. I hope the graduate program will solidify my understanding of how national politics, foreign businesses, and local culture all have work together to give us the world we live in now. It is a 2 year program, but for now my first year will take place in Vienna. I am looking for live-in Au Pair opportunities, live-in tutoring possibilities, or live-in personal assistant options. Vienna is as pricey as it is beautiful :) And with a only a student budget at my disposal, I'm hoping to catch some leads that could help my return to Austria, and make my second visit just as memorable my first! Many thanks!

Hi Manuel,

Je suis française et je viens tout juste d'arriver à Vienne, où je reste 2 mois pour un stage. Je ne connais absolument personne, et les gens que je croise au foyer dans lequel je suis logée n'ont plus trop envie de jouer les touristes et ont leur vie de déjà bien chargée. Bref, ça te dit que l'on se rencontre une fois arrivé, pour faire les touristes (avec ton compagnon aussi bien sûr si tu veux).

Bisous

Léah

Hi,

I'm Christy, just move here in Austria, it will be nice to know someone who is nearby Feldkirch 😉.

Léah10 wrote:

Hi Manuel,

Je suis française et je viens tout juste d'arriver à Vienne, où je reste 2 mois pour un stage. Je ne connais absolument personne, et les gens que je croise au foyer dans lequel je suis logée n'ont plus trop envie de jouer les touristes et ont leur vie de déjà bien chargée. Bref, ça te dit que l'on se rencontre une fois arrivé, pour faire les touristes (avec ton compagnon aussi bien sûr si tu veux).

Bisous

Léah

Dear Léah

Can we have that in English

Kind regards

Simon

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I hadn't realised that this wasn't a private message.

hi my name is clareen looking for a job im from kenya right now im willing to relocate any country about my ticket any family willing to pay my ticket will deduct from my salary im very humble patient hardworking very clean i love cooking and any work at home can handle new born to teenage babies am a mother of two so all about house work i can handle very well most of im GOD fearing thanks can speak fluent english and also quick learner of other languages

Hi! everyone  :)
My name is Hà I come from Vietnam, Would be nice to get to know you and also learn about each other culture and share some new topics. I'm in HCMC.We can contact **
My hobbies : study engilsh, traveling, cookking, musiz
Anyway I want to pratice English with foreigners so that my pronunciation and my listening ability will be better.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please no sharing of emails on the forum. Thank you

Hy,
I am Kashif. Currently I am living in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am planning to moving in Vienna, Austria for studying. I have already applied for Vienna University. I am wishing to complete BSc in Information and Software Engineering in there. I need some information about studying, living and working there. Please whose are in austria help me with your precious experience and knowledge.

Dears,
I am Kamil, just moved to Vienna from Prague, I am Chinese and lived in Prague since 1999 and recently decided to move to Vienna, I would like to apply for Master program in Vienna TU or WU, does anyone has experience with the entering exams from these universities?
Also I would like to make new friends, so, you can call me out to have drink or go to clubs :)

Hello wonderful people,

I'm Volina, a 20-something, blogger, student, editor, translator and human being from Romania, soon-to-be an expat in the capital of Austria (I can still afford to say that, since I'm moving there next week to start my Master's programme in Conference Interpreting).

I've been blogging for some time in my mother tongue, but last year, after traveling, studying and spending a while abroad, I decided to take this blogging thing to a new level and start writing in English. This happens on volina-serban.com/. It's still not a true to word Expat.com, but it's going to after I flesh it out with episodes of my experience in Vienna.

I'm a languages aficionada and I take great pleasure in learning new languages and communicating with people from all over the world.

I'm glad to be part of this wonderful community I came across years ago when I discovered that my biggest wish is to live abroad. I've read tens, maybe hundreds of blogs listed here, almost living in my mind the lifestyle described so vividly by their authors.

I'm looking forward to getting to know and meeting as many as possible of you!

Have a nice day and a well-deserved great weekend!

Hi!  I've just moved to Vienna with my partner to do some research.  I'm from the US by way of France, Italy and England.  I'd love to keep practicing my French (while learning German, ahh scary), if anyone wants to jump between French, English and German with me.  I'm thinking cocktails/beer/wine may be necessary!  :)

Hi,
When are you planning on moving?
I just moved back to Vienna, austria after being in the U.S. for 4 years. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Hi everyone,
My name is Daniela and I recently came back to Vienna after being in the U.S. for about 4 years to study. Prior to that I have lived there for another 2 yrs.
I am an austrian citizen and originally from this area. However, after being around so many international students at my university and living abroad myself, I want to keep hanging out with people that have experienced smiler situations. I would enjoy to keep talking English face-to-face every now and then and would also help you to learn German if you want. If you want to meet up sometime for a drink or do something else, please let me know.

Let me know if I can help. I'm living in Austria.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529725

Thanks!

Closed