Reregister Bali Terios (DK) To Jakarta Registration (B)

Recently returned from 5 years in Bali to Ciputat My Dihatsu Terios will need its 5 year registration in November 2015
Whats involved to get it converted to Jakarta plates and approx. Cost ? I have also misplaced the Blue Book
Aussie hj

The loss of the book is a mess as it's proof of ownership. Before anything else, you'll have to get that replaced in Bali, at the SAMSAT the vehicle was registered at.

Once you have that, go here

https://www.google.co.id/maps/place/Sam … 1e28360db9

If Bali is a problem, go to the place on the map above and discuss the situation with them, but collar the agents or an officer hanging around outside, not directly into the office.
You'll find a bunch of guys on the left as you go through the main entrance - start there.

Without stating the blindingly obvious, you'll probably be asked to pay a fee to sort out the problem.
That part is entirely up to you, but that's the likely reality of the situation if you don't want a couple of weeks in Bali, where you'll probably be asked to cough up anyway.

Don't go in the car.

The new plates normally take about two weeks.

Hi Fred,
Thanks  for the info. I will give it a go
Regards
Howard

Let us know how you get on.

PS - watch out for the tattooed beggars who hang around just up the road. They aren't big enough to mug you, but they'll try for your wallet and do a runner if you give them half a chance.
A 'don't try it' stare will be enough to get rid if they come up to you.

You'll need copies of:

STNK (And original)
Book (And original)

Take copies of:
Passport
KITAS/P
They may ask for your SKTT if on KITAS (But that would be a shakedown)
KTP OA if you're on KITAP.
You never know what they'll ask for, so take them anyway.

If you don't have these, tell me and I'll tell you where to get them.
I believe that area is still South Tangerang, so you can get all required documents in BSD, including SIM A.