Weekend trips/activities, places to go on a Saturday/Sunday

Hi all,

I've been bored in India and need to be enjoying it so that I can have exciting things to share with my family and friends when I go back home. I have already planned a weekend trip to Jim Corbett National Park and I have the Agra one day trip to plan. I've been to the zoo, and the Purana Qila (which was not very pleasing). Otherwise I've just been going to the malls for movies, mainly Ambience Mall, Metropolitan Mall. I'm in Gurgaon. Can anyone please suggest places to go for the weekend/on a weekend that expats/tourists would enjoy? I've seen on a few sites that Chandni Chowk is considered a tourist attraction but I'm not sure what is there exactly.

Eagerly awaiting suggestions and advice.

Samantha x

thanks, I don't know those places but I will definitely google them...

what is shimla?

Rishikesh sounds interesting...I just googled a little bit on it...would love to do rafting. How do I get there? type of transport, routes?

We're planning to go by train, it's 3 of us adults and a toddler, otherwise we'd have to rent a car with a driver which would be more costly for us. If u want to join us on the train ride it's fine with us, or if u have a big vehicle to drive us down we can go with that option as well. It may likely be for one night, maybe Saturday November 6 and return the following day. I've checked out trains, best one leaves Delhi 6:50am and arrives at Haridwar 11:25am. (first class or 2 tier AC)From there we'd have to get transfer to the beach camp, thinking of Camp 5 Elements or something similar. Do you know of this place? Or Mercury or SnowLeopard...I don't know about these places, just some suggestions from people. The train back to Delhi (most suitable time) leaves Haridwar 3:25pm and gets to Delhi 9:50pm. (first class or 2 tier AC) What is your take on this?

Rishikesh, has lots to offer with a lot of good places to stay, Jaipur, Ranthambor, udaipur, Pushkar, Bharatpur and lots more are popular with local and foreign tourists
enjoy!
Sunny

yardiebarbie wrote:

We're planning to go by train, it's 3 of us adults and a toddler, otherwise we'd have to rent a car with a driver which would be more costly for us. If u want to join us on the train ride it's fine with us, or if u have a big vehicle to drive us down we can go with that option as well. It may likely be for one night, maybe Saturday November 6 and return the following day. I've checked out trains, best one leaves Delhi 6:50am and arrives at Haridwar 11:25am. (first class or 2 tier AC)From there we'd have to get transfer to the beach camp, thinking of Camp 5 Elements or something similar. Do you know of this place? Or Mercury or SnowLeopard...I don't know about these places, just some suggestions from people. The train back to Delhi (most suitable time) leaves Haridwar 3:25pm and gets to Delhi 9:50pm. (first class or 2 tier AC) What is your take on this?

You have found the best and most comfortable way to get to rishikesh.
Best to book tickets in advance, either online or by going to the various booking offices spread around in Delhi. Some travel agents will also book by charging a fee and payment in cash.

Hiya,

If you wish to travel outside the city then I can get you in touch with a few of my German pals who are very familiar with things.Let me know if you need their help.

Cheers!!

Hi,

Try Southern part of India.Places like Kerela,Mysore,Hampi is a delight to watch !!!

hi  plan  up for south India also

any plans for Jan? we would love to hang out as well...a few of my friends are coming to India from Germany and England next month. Do let us know if you guys are doing anything fun!!

yardiebarbie wrote:

Hi all,

I've been bored in India and need to be enjoying it so that I can have exciting things to share with my family and friends when I go back home. I have already planned a weekend trip to Jim Corbett National Park and I have the Agra one day trip to plan. I've been to the zoo, and the Purana Qila (which was not very pleasing). Otherwise I've just been going to the malls for movies, mainly Ambience Mall, Metropolitan Mall. I'm in Gurgaon. Can anyone please suggest places to go for the weekend/on a weekend that expats/tourists would enjoy? I've seen on a few sites that Chandni Chowk is considered a tourist attraction but I'm not sure what is there exactly.

Eagerly awaiting suggestions and advice.

Samantha x

its interesting to know that being in Gurgaon, you feel bored. :blink:
u can C http://www.gurgaonsite.com/places-near-gurgaon for more places arround gurgaon

Hi this is Ruchi....
Weekend trip.... You want to know about the weekend Destinations, I would like to give advice, go for Appu Ghar, Jantar Mantar, Lodi Gardens, Metro Walk, Old Fort, Qutub Minar. In uttranchal Dehra Dun Valley, Auli, Sankri Wildlilfe, Lakhamandal Town etc...[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

If you are interested in joining walking tours on Delhi please let me know.
IŽve being doing some and could let you know more about it.

:)

I love Lavasa because of their Votex Splashpad. It is a source of fun and pleasurable moments for every member of the family. Must visit,

Hi,
There are so many places in India to visit. If you plan for Shimla, March is the right time to spend there, because its a hill station, you can do trekking, hiking type of activities. Near by shimla there are some places to visit.
--> From Delhi to Shimla distance is 350 km, hardly it will take 6 hrs to travel.
Places to Visit:
Jakhoo hills
Chadwick Falls
Sankat Mochan, Taradevi temple
Mashobra - for a pleasant walk
Craignano - beautiful picnic spot
Kufri - to enjoy atmosphere

If you want anymore let me know.

Thank you.

hi, Lodi garden is also one of the good spot. In case, u like disco nights the places like Garden of senses in Saket and Olive Hotel Martini Bar is also good choice to visit. Only when we meet and interact than only we can known each other better. Once we find like minded people than only we can make life long friends. Good to know u WOULD U LIKE TO BE CONECTED WITH ME. I would be happy of any help to expats visiting or living in Delhi/NCR in my home country INDIA

Rajesh
(Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum for security reasons)

They provide you with all kind of information.  If you are planning a business trip, historical adventure, family holiday, wedding or simply an evening out; this is where you should begin.