Korean cuisine

Hi,

When living abroad, tasting the local cuisine is part of discovering the country.

What is your favorite food in South Korea?

What is the local speciality?

Share with us the local tastes of South Korea and why not your best recipe.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

For me as a chef living and working here i tried mostly everything  I even started learning some old Korean recipes , what I really loved  are the boudea chiggea, gamjatang, kimchi chiggea, kimchi is awesome I never thought that I ll love it this much, kimbabs are ok but I advise everyone who comes here to try everything without hesitation caus mostly everything tastes good

Korean food is amazing! I'm a huge fan of ogyupsal (오겹살) and samgyupsal (삼겹살), both variations of belly pork. I also love kamjatang (감자탕), which is pig spine soup - it's a great soju (소주) hangover cure!

My favourite 오겹살 restaurant is family-owned 고인돌 in 산남동, 청주시 (Sannamdong, Cheongju). I highly recommend it! Good prices, a wide variety of delicious sides and a warm welcome. What more could you ask for?

Although they don't serve Korean food, I recommend Braai Republic in 이태원, 서울 (Itaewon, Seoul). Delicious South African braai! They also have a restaurant in 평택 (Pyeongtaek) now, too.

Hi
I like kimchi but after few months of eating kimchi my bloodpressure shoots up. Through google search i found it contain huge salt content. for korean they eat from child hood, so it wont be a problem for them. But expats be very careful about salty food
Thanks
Raj