Moroccan cuisine

Hi,

When living abroad, tasting the local cuisine is part of discovering the country.

What is your favorite food in Morocco?

What is the local speciality?

Share with us the local tastes of Morocco and why not your best recipe.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

@Priscilla

Hello, my name is Abdel Hakim. I have a set of lunch recipes for Moroccan food that I love and they look delicious. You can view them here.

moroco-culture.com/2023/01/slow-cooker-lamb-tagine-recipe.html

moroco-culture.com/2022/12/the-moroccan-seffa.html

@Priscilla if you are a philippino just try the snails with soup that's in the streets you will like it and the roisted chicken from coqmagic or the buffalo from burger king you will like it cause my philippino girl tryed it and she likes it .

Hi Priscilla! I am based in the US with Moroccan origins and my cousins live in Morocco. They recommended this website for authentic Moroccan recipes. Apparently many online recipes are modern and westernized, and this one shares truly authentic Moroccan recipes like those made by locals. I made their chicken tagine and carrot salad and they were exquisite. I great resource for Moroccan cooking:

moroccanzest

Hi Priscilla! I am based in the US with Moroccan origins and my cousins live in Morocco. They recommended this website for authentic Moroccan recipes. Apparently many online recipes are modern and westernized, and this one shares truly authentic Moroccan recipes like those made by locals. I made their chicken tagine and carrot salad and they were exquisite. I great resource for Moroccan cooking:moroccan recipes -@Amelia kachI would also say that the best advice I get from my cousins is to always - always - use fresh herbs and fresh spices to cook Moroccan dishes. It makes a big difference! Another piece of advice is to always cook chicken is ginger and a few drops of lemon, the combo is a chef's secret!

The chicken should be marinated for a day or two after washing it well and placing it in the  citron.

To cook it in the tajine, you must add a domed  citron (msayer in darija )  ghee (smen in darija) and a lot of fresh ginger.

Bon appetito 1f600.svg