Safety in Serbia

Hi,

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in Serbia?

How would you define the level of safety in the country?

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?

Share with us your insight on safety in Serbia and in the city you live in.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

I can only speak for myself and can say that I feel totally safe. I am from Texas and usually go everywhere with my Stetson (so I kinda standout in a crowd) and have never had a problem here. I go to concerts and festivals but I do avoid some areas.

Maybe it is due to my training and experience as a Security Consultant and Instructor. But if you watch people, you can read them and know when to avoid them. You can find crime anywhere you go and criminals are the same everywhere. I do believe Serbia is one of the safest countries I have ever been to or lived in. I live outside the city in the country because I am just not a city type person. I come from the country and that has never left me.

But if you just use a little common sense and learn to "see with your ears and hear with your eyes" you can avoid almost any dangerous situation. As most of my friends will say "I do not look for a fight but, if it comes I don`t run". I had more problems when I lived in Germany that here. For me the only difference between Serbia and Texas is the language.

no bigger crime then in other big cities. It should be aware of possibility to be robbed and to have trouble with drunken guys at the night clubs.

I lived in Zarkovo Beograd for 2 years, 2012 - 2013 with my Spksji Zena and thoughly enjoyed my time. I found it extremely safe in all aspects and would happily walk anywhere in the early hours. I have lived in the Uk for most of my life and also New Zealand for 7 years and felt much safer in Serbia