Safety in Georgia

Hi,

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in Georgia?

How would you define the level of safety in the country?

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?

Share with us your insight on safety in Georgia and in the city you live in.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Georgia is the most hospitable, and the safest countri I've been. People are extremly hospitable, everywhere, in the streests, in the institutions, in the restorants... On the other side there is no criminal on the streets, no thiefs. The only thing should take care is traffic. they are little crazy drivers, with very creative perception of traffic rules and signs. So, when you get used on it, the life in Tbilisi and in whole Georgia is perfect.

I have never felt unsafe in Georgia. That being said, no matter where I travel, I do not let my guard down. I watch my surroundings, make sure no one is following me, guard my purse well in busy places, and do not take unnecessary risks. So far, nothing has made me feel uncomfortable in any way. No one has been aggressive or rude, no one has made me feel unwelcome. My husband and I are in our late 30's and are generally very quiet, not big drinkers and we do not wander around unknown areas late at night. I have seen younger people who are tipsy, hanging out with people they clearly just met, and I do wonder how safe they really are.

my experience with the people of Georgia was simple and not very interactive.
I believe the language plays big role in that country, if you don't speak Georgian or Russian, you might get ignored from some, especially elders.
In my opinion what makes Georgia safe country is the people of Georgia do not interfere of what you do And their law can be quite strong.

But again this is related to my own 1 week experience.

Will I visit Georgia again? Absolutely Not..