MiFi (portable Wifi)

Does anyone know where to rent a MiFi unit in Malta? I know you can get them on contract through the mobile phone shops but we will only need it until we get wifi connected at home.

Thanks

i can rent you one , message me and ill come give it to you

Thanks, you're a star!  Will message you once we get there - not til next month but trying to be organised ;-)

No worries

Why you don't use an old mobile for this purpose?
Only requirements to support Wi-Fi hotspot function and a sim card with 3g access.

Wouldn't have a clue where to start with that, I'm not very technical! I need it to run computers and tv.

Do you have a smart TV?
What exactly are your needs?

No, it's not. We just need portable wifi to run our tv box and laptops until we get internet installed in our new home. We'll be in temporary accommodation until we find somewhere so it may be that it will already have it in there. I just wanted to make sure we could access the internet at home/in temporary accommodation.

I will be arriving next week 20th, and i am staying in an apartment in St Paul for 3 months, they have wifi in the lobby only, i do my banking ect online so hotspots a problem. I love watching old movies youtube on my laptop and tablet, and watch 2 or 3 a day..including BBC iplayer radio..can anyone think of a good option, would a dongle work..thanks steve

Dongle will work but the tariff will be high

Thanks, I looked at melita, I will pay them a visit, they have some good unlimited deals, but I suspect they will not do short term install in an aparthotel. I am sure something will come to light. It's amazing, what we can't  live without. Cheers steve

Try getting a PAYG SIM from vodephone (europaSIM), we have one that we use in our MIFI while touring in our motorhome.

Its OK for filmon etc but reception is a bit hit and miss when travelling.

Terry