Teaching in 2016

Good morning!
My name is James and I have 1 year of (ongoing) experience of teaching English in the Czech Republic. But I want to move to Guayaquil next year, probably late March.
I get very few replies from companies in Guayaquil (too many from Cuenca and Loja!), but that is where I want to be.
Can anybody help with potential leads for jobs....oh, and visa advice (!), please?
Thank you very much in advance for any help you provide! Have a great day.

Hi, James,
I have been an ESL/EFL instructor for over 30 years and have taught overseas. I don't think I can provide websites here but if you PM me I can steer you to an international teacher forum (specifically for ESL/EFL) that has a link to countries in S.A. where the posters share teaching experiences.  One thing I do know from all the posts I've read is that one has to be on the ground to apply for a job.  Most institutions do not have an employment link where you can email c.v. and credentials. Also, the pay, relatively speaking, isn't what one may be used to in other countries overseas. Good luck.
Regards,
PS

Ab3djazz wrote:

Good morning!
My name is James and I have 1 year of (ongoing) experience of teaching English in the Czech Republic. But I want to move to Guayaquil next year, probably late March.
I get very few replies from companies in Guayaquil (too many from Cuenca and Loja!), but that is where I want to be.
Can anybody help with potential leads for jobs....oh, and visa advice (!), please?
Thank you very much in advance for any help you provide! Have a great day.

Do you realize what life is like in Guayaquil?
Hot, humid and unsafe.

mugtech wrote:

Do you realize what life is like in Guayaquil?
Hot, humid and unsafe.

But apart from that it's a wonderful place!  I remember even as a kid, just passing through Guayaquil after debarking there from our boat to later go to Quito, how glad I was that we were just passing through...

Yeah, I have been a couple of times. My girlfriend (that I lived within England) had to go home. Safety is a real issue, but I will have lifts everywhere, etc.
Thanks for the heads up though!