E-ID and form S1

Please I need some help,

I need an e-id card and I have been to the Evans Building in Valleta.  On the 2nd visit I need a entitlement certificate which I could obtain from St Lukes Hospital.  In the entitlement office I was told I had to complete a form S1.  I have found this on the Home Office Border & Immigration web site.

As a UK Citizen I want to live here in Malta.  The guidance notes say there is a fee payable and the fee quoted on that web site was £666.  Talking to other expats today they think this incorrect no-one has paid more than £50.  The fee scale said the fees were increased in April 2015 so has anyone registered since April this year because the fee looks extorionate.

Thanks

Try ringing +44 191 218 7777 I wasn't aware the s1 cost money so unless you use lots of meds just stick with the RHA would be my option

If you are living in an EEA country or Switzerland and you receive a UK State Pension or long-term Incapacity Benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You'll need to apply for a certificate of entitlement also known as an S1 form. If you are living in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland then the form is called E121.

You can apply for your form via the International Pension Centre on 0191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1/E121 form with the relevant authority abroad. Often you need to do this before you can register with a GP surgery or obtain a medical card.

Once you have registered your S1/E121 in the country you are moving to, you will be entitled to apply for and use a UK-issued EHIC to access state-funded necessary medical treatment when you visit other EEA countries.

robpw2 wrote:

If you are living in an EEA country or Switzerland and you receive a UK State Pension or long-term Incapacity Benefit, you may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK. You'll need to apply for a certificate of entitlement also known as an S1 form. If you are living in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland then the form is called E121.

You can apply for your form via the International Pension Centre on 0191 218 7777. Once issued, register the S1/E121 form with the relevant authority abroad. Often you need to do this before you can register with a GP surgery or obtain a medical card.

Once you have registered your S1/E121 in the country you are moving to, you will be entitled to apply for and use a UK-issued EHIC to access state-funded necessary medical treatment when you visit other EEA countries.

Yes read all that but can't find anything about fees or cost other than for former stateless people born before 1983 seeking residence in UK   they also need an S1 apparently

HowardP wrote:

Please I need some help,

I need an e-id card and I have been to the Evans Building in Valleta.  On the 2nd visit I need a entitlement certificate which I could obtain from St Lukes Hospital.  In the entitlement office I was told I had to complete a form S1.  I have found this on the Home Office Border & Immigration web site.

As a UK Citizen I want to live here in Malta.  The guidance notes say there is a fee payable and the fee quoted on that web site was £666.  Talking to other expats today they think this incorrect no-one has paid more than £50.  The fee scale said the fees were increased in April 2015 so has anyone registered since April this year because the fee looks extorionate.

Thanks

There is no fee for applying for an S1 form, just ring the International Pensions Center on the number Rob gave and ask them to send you one, they will require your NI number and you have to be a UK state pensioner. Ask them for an EHIC form at the same time which you can return after your S1 has been processed. If you are not a UK state pensioner you can apple for an entitlement certificate via the RHA system.

There are websites out there which try and con you regarding these things and charge you a fee to apply on your behalf, they tend to make their sites as official looking as possible

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
HowardP wrote:

Please I need some help,

Thanks

There is no fee for applying for an S1 form, just ring the International Pensions Center on the number Rob gave and ask them to send you one, they will require your NI number and you have to be a UK state pensioner. Ask them for an EHIC form at the same time which you can return after your S1 has been processed. If you are not a UK state pensioner you can apple for an entitlement certificate via the RHA system.

There are websites out there which try and con you regarding these things and charge you a fee to apply on your behalf, they tend to make their sites as official looking as possible

Ray

Excuse me but I gave him the number first lol

perhaps cause i said what the number was for but yes redders you gave the number first :)

Sorry Redders! :cheers:

Howard. try this link and open the sub heading for 'UK Pensioners', it explains all.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare … ction.aspx

Ray

robpw2 wrote:

perhaps cause i said what the number was for but yes redders you gave the number first :)

Phew thought we were gonna start the "my dad's bigger than your dad" stuff lol :)

which website do i go to to download a renewal  form certificate of entitlement S1 for health ?

So will I be asked for a health certificate to obtain the residence permit and the e-residence card?

This is the link.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r … 1Oi6n0LN1Q

Terry

BOBBYMACK wrote:

which website do i go to to download a renewal  form certificate of entitlement S1 for health ?

As far as I am aware, as long as you were over UK state pension age when your S1 was issued you do not need to renew it. I believe it is only the Certificate of Entitlement which has to be renewed, and the Maltese Health Entitlement unit still hold your S1 details on file.
If you were under state retirement age when your S1 was issued and it expires you will not be issued with another till you reach state retirement age!

Should you wish to renew a UK EHIC which was issued following an S1then the application can be  made on line according to the NHS website. The following link is to the application form download which has to be completed and attached to an email to the NHS.
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare … e-vs2.docx

Ray

so do i have to go to st lukes to renew my certificate of entitlement or can i download a renew for onff a website ?

thanks for that,is this a renewal form as my old one runs out in feb 2016,can i e.mail it or have to take it to st lukes ?

BOBBYMACK wrote:

so do i have to go to st lukes to renew my certificate of entitlement or can i download a renew for onff a website ?

Not sure, but I suspect you will need to go in person.

Ray

BOBBYMACK wrote:

thanks for that,is this a renewal form as my old one runs out in feb 2016,can i e.mail it or have to take it to st lukes ?

The link I posted was for renewal of EHIC card that was issued after an S1 application, it has to be emailed to the UK NHS at the email address at the botom of the form.

For Health Entitlement Certificate renewal I would suggest you try emailing the Entitlement unit on [email protected]  for advice.

Ray

If its just a renewal then you can write to them giving the details from your old one and they will send the new one to you.
Best to write a month before your old one expires.
Address is ...

Entitlement Unit, Ground Floor, Ex-Outpatient Block,
St Lukes Hospital,
GMangia Hill,
GMangia.

Terry