Looking for universal power strip

Hi,

I've been looking for a power strip (multi-jack power outlet, extension strip, etc.) with universal sockets. That is, one that is able to accept EU, US, UK, etc., connectors/prongs. Don't care for a transformer, I just need a power strip that can accept my USA equipment (which all have universal power converters). If you've seen any in store around BP, let me know!

Something like this would be perfect, I just don't feel like paying for shipping from the US.

Thanks!

I have had the same problem. I only found them at amazon.co.uk with a UK plug.

If you do not need a transformer for 110 US power (and thus your equipment can swallow 220 V et al.), then maybe try more "locally" at amazon.de either the Innori Multifunction power adapter (but only two plugs) or buying many single adapters and plug them into a locally purchased strip. I ended up doing the later myself as the power strips will break more often than the single plugs will (we have a lot of electrical devices with grounded three prong Swiss plugs).

Also, if your equipment has the power cable with socket of the type that can unplug from the transformer (as most laptops/notebooks do theses days) you can also simply buy that part of the power cable locally at any computer store with the Hungarian plug.

The BESTEK Portable International Travel Voltage Converter is great choice . It is Equipped with EU AC cord and different plugs adapters (UK, US, and AU),Converts 220V input voltage ( 90V~265VAC) to 110V-120VAC. It has three USA outlets and 2 USB port .  It is very convenient .

I hate and detest the German Schuko sockets used in Hungary. I have a small collection of vintage radios, record players and tape recorders. Some of the lower end electronics did not have isolating transformers and it is important to ensure the chassis goes to neutral rather than live. In UK this is not a problem as the plugs will only go in one way but in Hungary you have a 50/50 chance of getting a deathtrap!

They usually also just rely on friction to secure the socket to it's mounting box. This means the only safe way to pull out a plug is using 2 hands, one to pull the plug and the other to hold the socket from coming out of the box.

Yes, I agree with you. Every time when I'm going to travel, the bestek  220V TO 110V international power converter comes with US/EU/UK plug adapters. No matter which country you go, the voltage converter can meet your multiple charging needs as it also has three outlets and extra few USB ports. If you want a universal power strip, I think it is not easy. But I have a 6-outlet power strip for travel from bestek, too. It works well as I also get travel adapters.

You could just order an adaptor for like 1 USD here from an online electrical store:

https://www.arukereso.hu/CategorySearch … ;orderby=1

fidobsa wrote:

I hate and detest the German Schuko sockets used in Hungary. I have a small collection of vintage radios, record players and tape recorders. Some of the lower end electronics did not have isolating transformers and it is important to ensure the chassis goes to neutral rather than live. In UK this is not a problem as the plugs will only go in one way but in Hungary you have a 50/50 chance of getting a deathtrap!

They usually also just rely on friction to secure the socket to it's mounting box. This means the only safe way to pull out a plug is using 2 hands, one to pull the plug and the other to hold the socket from coming out of the box.

You shouldget a socket with a remover button then:

https://www.arukereso.hu/CategorySearch … l%C5%91vel