Questions about GAMCA clinics and med testing

Looking for help regarding the medical testing requirements
Hi all!! 
I recently accepted a marketing job and before my employer can apply for my employment visa I need to complete some medical tests but I had a couple of questions:
1. I am required to get testing done at a GAMCA approved facility; however, I live in the United States. Are there GAMCA approved facilities in the US? I searched and couldn't find anything.. Is any clinic in my state acceptable?

2. Are eye exams required for all jobs or only specialized jobs like pilots?

3. Are the costs for the medical testing usually reimbursed?

Thank you in advance for any help!!,  and sorry if any of this has been asked before, have a great day!  :)

I don't have the answer to no. 1

2. A basic eye test is required to ensure you are not visually impaired.
3. Depends on the company policies. Some do reimburse them. Check with your company.

Hope that helps,
b. wishes

Thank you  :)

Hi,

How are you? Hope everything's fine.

About your queries, i don't think it will help for you but i will try to just share my ideas about your concerns.

first, only GAMCA approved clinics will be accepted in applying your visa to be made by your employer. If you didn't find any facilities accredited by GAMCA i think you should contact back to your employer and ask for a help to find out which clinic or laboratories you can go.

Secondly, Eye exams are not necessarily needed to be perfect thought it's an advantage especially when you are planning to take a driving license here. Vision accuracy depend on the job you are about to employ.

Thirdly, Reimbursement of the medical is depend on the agreement between you and your employer. So better to clear all things before you make a move. It's also safe for you if there is a black and white agreement for the application of the visa and medical.

Make sure that you read your contract before signing it. Don't hesitate to clarify something about the whole package of your contract. goodluck!

Cheers!

thank you so much Lhulu  :) i'll keep trying to get my employer to respond

If you are in the US, you do not need GAMCA approved clinics for your testing.  GAMCA clinics are a must for those countries where they ARE present e.g. India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Philippines etc.  As an example, I was in the UAE before Bahrain and there are no GAMCA clinics there.  My pre-employment medical was done in a normal hospital and everything went fine. It just has to be an accredited hospital and the report has to cover all the tests plus have the stamps and contact details of the doctors.

Eye exams are needed for certain specialties like airline pilots etc and for driving licence. For most other cases, it is just a basic test which has no bearing on the visa.

Most employers reimburse the costs for the testing once you come over.  However, it is up to your employer so check with them.

Thank you so much for the info XTang! :) I think I need to call my employer Sunday and sort this out. I'd rather they just choose a facility to avoid any future issues :)

XTang wrote:

If you are in the US, you do not need GAMCA approved clinics for your testing.  GAMCA clinics are a must for those countries where they ARE present e.g. India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Philippines etc.  As an example, I was in the UAE before Bahrain and there are no GAMCA clinics there.  My pre-employment medical was done in a normal hospital and everything went fine. It just has to be an accredited hospital and the report has to cover all the tests plus have the stamps and contact details of the doctors.

Eye exams are needed for certain specialties like airline pilots etc and for driving licence. For most other cases, it is just a basic test which has no bearing on the visa.

Most employers reimburse the costs for the testing once you come over.  However, it is up to your employer so check with them.

:dumbom: bla bla bla
here's the answer
http://lmra.bh/portal/en/announcement/s … ayKDYrXfCQ

Dear Friends:

I am underweight, Can it be a problem in GAMCA test. I am very worried, I have a job offer in Saud-i-Arabia n my employer wants me to take the test as soon as possible. Kindly guide me regarding this matter. My age is 31 and weight is 57 KGs..

dear zaib1,

this is Bahrain forum, for better response please post your query under the below mentioned link
https://www.expat.com/en/destination/mi … di-arabia/

good luck

T&R

Je me suis renseignée auprès du consulat du Bahreïn au Maroc et j'ai trouvé que dans les pays où il n'existe pas de centre GAMCA , il faut remplir ce fichier ci-joint que je viens de télécharger du site officiel de la consulat du Bahreïn ,

- services.lmra.bh/e-support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/116/1/

- services.lmra.bh/e-support/

Non_GAMCA_medical_check_up_form_20150506112709.pdf