Want to go back to india from oman (cancelling)

Dear members,

I am here in oman from the past 3 months and working in a hard ware shop as an accountant but in my labour card the profession is different. I do not want to work here because the working hours are 12-13 hours and salary they are paying is not enough to meet my expenses 120 OMR ...Now i do not want to work here and i want to go back to my home town and never want to come back to any of the GCC..
Kindly tell me what all are the procedures for cancelling my visa?

Hi Kiran v Dhar,

Sorry to know of your situation. Things like this happen none too rarely to many expatriates. So don't lose heart.

You must plan your exit rather carefully. If your employer comes to know of your plans of moving back, they will (obviously) want you to refund all the expenses that they would have borne on bringing you from India, or wherever from.

If you employer is pissed off about your plans of returning for good, they can even lodge a false police complaint against you (for theft, forgery, financial misappropriation, fraud, et al) to seriously jeopardise your exit plans.

First get hold of your passport and make a quiet exit. The more people you discuss this with, the more risky it gets.

Thank you Mr Sumitran for your reply...Any way i am going to talk with my employer regarding this.. lets hope for the best..

Kiran v Dhar wrote:

Thank you Mr Sumitran for your reply...Any way i am going to talk with my employer regarding this.. lets hope for the best..

Hi Kiran v Dhar,

Talk with your employer, only if you trust them.

If your employer belongs to the unscrupulous variety, they could easily make life difficult for you.

So tread that proposed path with caution.

The best option for you is to tell your employer you need to go back for a week due to some emergency at home.Handle it diplomatically honesty always does not pay.

Hi Kiran V Dhar

I can imagine your situation and seriously sympathise.

The fewer pple you talk to the better coz you dnt knw who to trust.  Be very careful how you handle this. Do you knw what your embassy is.   
There is amnesty for absconders being offered but very few days left.  Why dont you make you make use of that.

Just a suggestion everything else up to you.