Safety

Are any expats living in Istanbul or other parts of Turkey more concerned about their safety because of ISIL?  I want to come visit again and most of the time I do not pay that much attention to different governmental warnings from other countries but I was curious about the warnings regarding ISIL.

Turkey attracted more than 31.5 million foreign tourists, ranking as the 6th most popular tourist destination in the world.So you can understand what I am trying to say ....:):)

If you look past the media portrayal, I think you will find Istanbul to be one of the best places to reside in. The city is not only filled with tourists, but a lot of people expat to Istanbul because of its central location, being in the centre of Europe, Asia and Africa. 

Regarding your safety concern, there is some sort of tension in Turkey on its Syrian border, but that's far from Istanbul. Its pretty safe. I think your best bet would be to get idea from other American expats living in the city.

Good luck! : )

banas4916 wrote:

Are any expats living in Istanbul or other parts of Turkey more concerned about their safety because of ISIL?  I want to come visit again and most of the time I do not pay that much attention to different governmental warnings from other countries but I was curious about the warnings regarding ISIL.

By the way What's ISIL ??  :/

saimans wrote:

By the way What's ISIL ??  :/

Probably banas4956 mean ISID instead of ISIL :)

Like other metropolitan, Istanbul has some own security problems. However, there has not been any terrorist activity happened in Istanbul or any other city directly by  ISID. I hope it will never happen.

Cheers

Aqu

Istanbul is quite different from other parts of turkey, it's safe am assuring you. Come enjoy your summer holiday,

Thanks everyone. I thought there was nothing to worry about. I love Istanbul and have been many times and there are many other cities I want to visit in Turkey.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to call ISID. Some places call them ISIS and some ISIL....so confusing. :)

Thanks again for all the helpful answers.

Well, pack your bags and head out! : )
Glad the comments were of help!
Enjoy..

banas4916 wrote:

Thanks everyone. I thought there was nothing to worry about. I love Istanbul and have been many times and there are many other cities I want to visit in Turkey.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to call ISID. Some places call them ISIS and some ISIL....so confusing. :)

Thanks again for all the helpful answers.

Hello banas.  Don't worry about that. Turkey is most safe place than other.  I have been everywhere almost all over the world. I know how is everything. Also I like to add ""ISID"" is not living in turkey. There are living different country and yes which one close our borders. We are not allowed anyone to attach in turkey. We will safe you. Come and enjoy. If you have more questions Pls don't hesitate to contact me