Looking for some information on visas

I was wondering what type of visas there are and how to obtain.
If I want to move to Mexico from Canada, what is the process with regards to visas? How long is the tourist visa? Would an investors visa be the right thing if you're not close to retirement and want to move there?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I'm not up to date on visa requirements anymore but I'd offer the following a general information.

If it's a Tourist Card you're interested in,  Google "Mexico Tourist Card" and pick a hit that's recently dated.

If it's a more permanent visa you want,  Google by all means or use and/or see http://www.mexperience.com/living/immig … mexico.php

Rules and regulations are kind of fluid and Consulates and Immigration Offices have a lot of autonomy so procedures and timeframes can vary a lot.  The nearest Mexican Consulate is probably the place to start gathering information.  Consulates are the places that issue the visa that lets you come to Mexico as a prospective resident with permission to bring household goods.  You have to start the process physically at a consulate.

Immigration Offices process the paperwork that gets you the visa that's either permanent residency (no renewal required) or temporary residency (renewable yearly or issued for from 1 to 4 years.)

A big enough bank account or an investment of a certain amount gets a permanent resident visa without having to have have a temporary resident visa,   Fees and other requirements depend on the length of the visa, the longer the higher the fee.

Some of the more recent arrivals can probably give you more up to date info.

A Tourist permit (FMM) is good for 180 days. Resident Visas are either Temporal or Permanente. You no longer can apply for a Visa in Mexico but must apply at a Mexican Consulate in your home country.  Talking to a Consulate is where you'll get accurate info

Your best source for that type of information would be rollybrook.com. He spent his life providing that kind of information, and even though he has sadly, recently died, others are keeping his site up. You can learn a lot form him.

Thank you very much. You've all helped. When the time is right, I will do the consulate thing.