I will be going in Taichung

Hi everyone!
Im Reyma, A Filipina single woman.
Thanks for this expat conversation, it will help us somehow.
I will be going in Taichung, Taiwan for work next month.
Hope to meet some friends there!
Cheers!

Reyma(Shaolan)

Hi madam!
I will be great to meet you soon when i will move in Taichung to work.

Hello, Reyma,

I, too, am a Filipina. I have been living in Taichung for almost 2 years. I don't work here though, as I am married to a Taiwanese and we are expecting a baby this year.

I hope you enjoy working / living in Taiwan. The people here are friendly. I would just advise you to learn a bit of Mandarin as not everybody here can speak English.

Good luck!

Joanna

Hi Dear Joanna Lee,
Thanks for the message sis! I really wanted to work again in Taiwan coz until now i didnt forget Mandarin Language though its still fresh in my mind eventhough i worked in Cyprus, Europe for 6years then Russia for 1year still i met some Taiwanese friends in Russia.
Mandarin is really important.
Thank you and Congrats, a new baby will come!
Cheers!

Reyma(shaolan)

Hi, Reyma,

It's good to know that you can speak Mandarin. :) If you're looking for Filipina friends in Taichung, I hear they gather near the Taichung Train Station on Sundays. I've never gone there on a Sunday, though, because the area where I live is quite far. You may, however, give it a try. :)

Wishing you all the best!

Joanna

Hello Reyma and Joanna,

I have created a new thread on the Taichung forum from your posts.

You will be more likely to exchange your views and gather some feedback from members of this forum on this thread.

Best of luck to both of you, ;)
Bhavna