New Immigration scam?

Guys, an Israeli friend of mine just got hit P4000 for a "polio vaccine". This is a new shakedown that I have never heard of before and possibly related to a new BID circular related to visitors from countries exposed to the MERS virus.

Anyone heard of something like this?

Was this charged and done in the Philippines, before going to Israel ? or had to be done when arriving in Philippines from Israel?

I know that British travellers to Israel, for 4 weeks or more, are advised to have a Polio Booster first, and to carry the proof with them.

I just read that a polio booster typically costs $50 to $200 in the US.

My friend is no newcomer and normally spends 3 months here and then a month back in Israel. This is the 1st time this has come up.

There has definitely been something happening with Polio and Israel;

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website currently states this for Israel:

Country exit requirement:
If you plan to be in Israel, including the West Bank and Gaza for more than 4 weeks, the government of Israel, including the West Bank and Gaza may require you to show proof of polio vaccination when you are exiting the country. To meet this requirement, you should receive a polio vaccine between 4 weeks and 12 months before the date you are leaving Israel, including the West Bank and Gaza

In 2014 - The World Health Organisation declared polio to be a public health emergency of Israel, among other nearby countries.

Australia did require a Polio Vaccination for people from Israel until recently, but the polio vaccination requirements have now been lifted for travellers from Israel only at this time.

It is puzzling that your friend has only just needed this, when Israel has recently been removed from the Polio risk countries.  http://www.polioeradication.org/Infecte … srael.aspx

Thanks for this. :)

polio vaccine free in my country. when i come philippines 4 july i hv polio vaccine but it was free no cost.

What is your country and did they ask for proof that you had been given the vaccine?