Life in King Abdullah Economic City, Jeddah

Hi Folks,

I have a Job Offer from an Multi National Company. And they are giving me a Job posting in King Abdulla Economic City which is approx 100Kms North from Jeddah.

I am married and having a school going child. Would appreciate if you please help in to find out following things;

1. What about the Residential Facility for working people within KAEC. As daily updown from Jeddah is not feasible because of the distance and time. Is the Residentials are availaible within KAEC, if YES, then how much it cost for 1-2 BHK appartment for an average middle class accodmodation.

2. Also, what about the availaibility of schools for kids and their Quality and Cost. Are the Schools availaible within KAEC or Childeren has to commute to some other place.

I have no idea about the place. Henceforth, request all of you to please help me and share your experience about KAEC personal life style.

Look forward for your early revert and comments

Ankur

Hello Ankur :)

Your thread is presently on the Jeddah forum.

Browsing the forum by ''forum categories'' found on the right hand side of your screen, will help you gather specific informations.

You may want to check out the ''Schools & Studies'' as well as ''Everyday Life'' and ''Accommodation'' section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee

KAEC has residential flats for rentals. I don't know the rent.
There is also  a school "GEMS" inside the city. Some children goes to schools in Rabigh city which as about
say 70 KM from KAEC. Most of the people working in KAEC have found good accommodation in Dhaban.
U have to go around and visit these area personally. At present the traffic is not much but within 2 years these roads are going to be heavily congested.