Is there any intellectual club in KSA?

Hi everyone,

I would like to join a club  whose members discuss freely about intellectual topics in KSA.

Too dangerous.

its  not as you expect ..

lol what exactly needs "intellectual" discussion

any want wants to expand his or her horizon, ,,
we will discuss philosophical topics like  happiness, identity, religions,  ..

Count me in your club :)

Stay away from discussing "religion" here !!

:dumbom::unsure:lol:

Homoud.only wrote:

any want wants to expand his or her horizon, ,,
we will discuss philosophical topics like  happiness, identity, religions,  ..

happiness is a feeling hardly needs any critical study

How I'd like a forum for discussing these issues, problem is that you have 'religion' on your list. Saudi Arabia is really conservative., I wouldn't discuss politics or religion within the kingdom.

what are you talking about, everybody either sounds scared for their lives or even more ignorant then i assumed. saudis talk about religion all day long, non stop, there are open centers for you to talk about religion till the cows come home and then talk with the cows. you can come with questions, concerns, doubts regarding religion. they will address Christianity if need be. THE ONE THING they do not do is allow falsehood to prosper. there is a difference between talking about religions aimlessly and talking about them with a purpose and  WITH PROOF.

Hi all,

members who use this website, they are grown enough, to know how to talk in this area,

not all saudi are sensitive to this topic ..

Agree with you Homoud, May be few educated ones can digest and can understand !! For the rest I really doubt if you can seriously even talk about it.

You can start some book club, it's the best way to start such wonderful idea.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : mind your language on the Forum pls

Why is it?

I would love to join such a club as well. I believe discussing topics without offending or harming any individual, communities, nation or religion should be okay in any forum or club.