Dependent Visa

I am Nasir Khan. I will join MBA classes in SEGi University from this September. How long it will take to get a Dependent Visa for my wife? If my wife get a dependent Visa, can she get the Work permit or not? She has B.PHARM degree and also has MBA degree from Bangladesh. Thanks in Advance.

Your wife cannot work on a Dependent Pass while you are a student. It does not take long to get (2-3 weeks). You should apply at the same time as your Student Pass or as soon as it is granted.

To work your wife should get a job offer of more than RM5k per month and she can then cancel her DP and get an Employment Pass.

As Bangladeshi can work under the Foreign Worker Permit, she may be able to get a lower paid job and qualify for that permit. However, she has to be in home country while the initial processing is done for that pass usually (I don't know if that is the same if she is on a DP already - the employer would know the current rules).

A first step will be to check whether her qualifications are registerable in Malaysia i.e. she can work as a pharmacist or not. Usually speaking Bahasa Malaysia is a requirement for most retail positions.

http://firsttelepharma.com.my/main/employment

If her qualification is on the list she can register and seek employment in her professional field. If not she would need to apply to related work not requiring registration.

Thank you for your valuable reply. Actually i heard that wife of an undergraduate student cannot get the work permit,but wife of a graduate student can get that opportunity.
The pharmacist info page said " It is advisable to check it again with the Malaysiaan Government Foreign Academic Qualification Recognition Section for more updates if your qualification does not appear in the list below." How can i check it? She has also MBA degree in Marketing. In which way she can use it? Thanks in Advance.

Women have all the same rights here and if one qualifies for an employment pass i.e has a job offer of RM5k or over, regardless of who she happens to be married to, she can obtain an Employment Pass.  Women are not judged by their husband's educational standing. An EP is a straightforward piece of immigration - you either qualify or you do not.

Your wife should investigate herself what are her options. It is very bad form to have a husband doing that stuff on her behalf direct with any professional organisation or employer. She should search the internet and look for potential openings and apply for them. That way she will develop knowledge about what employers are looking for in an employee and see where she fits in the job market in Malaysia. One thing is for sure, she will need determination to succeed and networking is also invaluable.

Wife can apply from kl also

Not necessary go back

Hi, my husband is a student at segi university and I would like to know how can I get a dependent pass to stay in Malaysia with him for the duration of his course. Thanks