Things to do in the East Timor during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in the East Timor?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in the East Timor?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hello,

In Dili, I usually go to the beach (white sand) or go swimming at hotels. Sometimes, I play tennis or go to watch a movie. Honestly, there is not much that you can do here. However, if you look for a quiet and secluded place to enjoy your reading or something like that, this might be the place for you. Otherwise, you might get bored. :huh:

Hi, I just moved to Dili.  Where can you play tennis?

Hi, welcome to Dili.

You can play tennis at UNTL (Universidade Nacionál Timor Lorosa'e or National University of Timor Leste) on Rua Jacinto Cândido, Díli. The costs are $ 4 for the court and $ 2 for ball boys. If you want to hire a coach / hitting partner, then you can negotiate about the fee (normally between $ 8 to $ 10 per hour.)

Another place will be at Hotel Ramelau Rua Aimutin, Comoro, (or coming from Fatuhada street.) The cost is $ 15 for the court per hour, but they don't have any boy ball (so there is no cost for ball boy.) As for coach / partner, you will have to bring from outside since there is no coach available there.

Great, thanks for the information.

Your're welcome. I hope it will work out for you. Just let me know if you ever need a partner to play tennis with. Although I am not a very good tennis player, but I can play.  :cool: