Things to do in Islamabad during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Islamabad?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Islamabad?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Well,,it depend on your taste, Islamabad is not a big metropolitan city, its a town more for government administrators along with offices of many development bank head quarters , NGOs, and authorities, however the strength of the city is

1) its natural, green and clean environment. Its scenic view under Margalla Hills, The city have more Parks then any other city in the country, Jasmine and Rose Garden / Japanese Garden / Lotus garden / Fatima Jinnah Park are only few.

2) Recently big malls and cinemas are built in the city,

3) The city always have nice restaurants / local and international brands both, it also have Chinese resturants.

4) if some one like hiking, it offers best places in the city or just one hour drive from the city ( Muree hills)

5) it also offers good museums / culture center
6) it offer also big book collection shops
7) There are also points where u can meet , westerner environment, kind of dancing and drinking ( though not many but still offer )
in short , its not very much happening city , but u can pick and choose things to do, sure its not boring , only if you are out going person

Cheers  :)
Haider

hi

good place for living good life in islamabad

I'm from Karachi and I was Going on Islamabad City Tour with my friends and we really enjoyed this trip.

Islamabad is very spacious. However, this transfer is a necessity. The available options are Suzuki cars, taxis, and rental cars. The city is best viewed from the Margala Hills, which provide a pleasant backdrop to the north of the city. The road leading into the hills through Daman-e-Koh to Pir Sohawa climbs and curves through pesky hairpins. The hills are good for walking, horseback riding, or trekking along with a network of trails that wind their way through shrubs and semi-evergreen trees, as well as some introduced exotics.