Medical Certificate For Residency

Hi

Has anyone used a private doctor for the medical tests for resisency?

I have found that it is taking a long time to get mine done.

Would one doctor be able to do all the medical, psychological and skin tests?

If available I believe that they would need to be approved, how could i find out if they are?

Thanks

Welcome to Expat.com, Ignatia :)
I'm sure fellow members in Paraguay will soon respond to your query :D
Cheers
Arlette

We did find a doctor who did it all except the lab work.  He sent us to a lab down the street from his office to get the blood work done, which took about 2 days to get the results.  At that point it took the doctor about another 2 days to get the certificates or letters to us.  I'll find the doctors name/number and send you a private message with the info.

Is medical certificate required from home country or its available in Asuncion

hi

the consulate in uk advised me not to get the medical cert before coming to paraguay. this was because it would have to be translated adding extra expense. i am not sure whether it would need to be legalised.

obtaining the medical certificate is available in asuncion. i took the public health cert route, which was interesting as i was a nurse and saw how hospitals work here. it took a long time.
i needed blood tests, dermatology, ecg, medical and psychological tests.

i would for speed recommend that you go the private route here. i private doctor will do all of these tests. i was kindly sent a couple addresses by other members, but didn't use them as i had already begun the public route.