Employement Pass

Hello All,

I have got an offer from one of the MSC company in Malaysia. My employer told they have applied for reference visa. can you please let me know what will be the timeline for reference visa and what are all the different stages and process to get the same?

The reference visa can take 6-12 weeks.

The process starts with the company submitting paperwork to justify employing a foreigner for a job and you in particular i.e. qualifications, experience, etc.

If the company get this process correct first time then it takes a shorter time, but quite often questions are asked. It is also Ramadan an then Eide so extended periods will apply.

Once the Committee and then immigration officer have approved the post and your candidacy, a fax is sent to the Malaysian High Commission nearest you current location.

You can read all about expatriate posts here (this is the 1st stage which in apparently ongoing)
http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … for-a-post

Once the HC have been informed, you can then go to the HC and get the visa with reference inserted into your passport.

Thanks Gravitas. But what I have heard is the reference visa will get approved in 5-7 Working days if the applying company is granted with MSC status. Is that not true? They have asked me to join by October and if it takes 6-12 weeks, then I guess I will not be able to join by 1st October. Please help!!

Time will tell. But the approval you mention is only one part of the process. First the post has to be approved and then the calling visa. Let us know what happens, because its always good to get new feedback.

If they are asking you to join on October 1st, then I guess the estimate given is about right and the company would know from experience. But you no doubt want to give notice?  Getting the visa with reference is not actually needed as you can also arrive on a visitors pass.