Moving to jeddah

Hi all :)
This is my first time posting, I'm just looking for some advice please!
I've been given an opportunity to work as a nanny with a lovely family, I have met them and we get on really well... I'm just wondering what is life like for an expat in jeddah? Is it safe as a woman (and westerner)
I will be living with the family but they are encouraging me to build up a network for my time off, obviously the happier I am the longer I'll stay so a win win!
Any advice welcome

which family offered u i mean r they also from ur country or they are local ?
life in saudia is totally different from ur country n specially very hard n restrictrd for females n a females is alone or without mahram it will be more tough. anyways but its safe for women i would say if ur coming here for money its ok then dont think for social life n if u need entertainment as well it would be difficult to live.
its beter to find out more about life style of saudi arabia for females n then decide

Thanks for your response ☺
One half of the couple is British and the other local, the money is obviously part of the attraction but I love discovering other cultures so I'm hoping it will be a good experience!
I'm not big into drinking etc but hoping that I'll be able to meet people for coffee or the gym....

you'll have no problems in shaa Allaah, a lot of expats and foreigners in jeddah but the locals are often time awesome-r :)

rareshine wrote:

you'll have no problems in shaa Allaah, a lot of expats and foreigners in jeddah but the locals are often time awesome-r :)

someone posting good about locals...hail mary!

to OP: u'll be fine.

You will have a good time as long as you are with a nice family and surrounded by nice people. Jeddah has lots of entertainment places. Contact me for more detailed info.

Good luck!

Can I contact u too ? I wanna know of such places ;)

Sure!

I will be living with the family but they are encouraging me to build up a network for my time off,

There are quite a number of Irish people in Jeddah, make contact with them and you will be fine :)

hamudi wrote:

Can I contact u too ? I wanna know of such places ;)

LOL