Fintas

Hi,

I am moving to Fintas this August. Can anybody tell me a bit about the area?

Thank you!

Is there anything specific you are concerned about? It is a fairly nice and quiet area close to the sea and not overcrowded with high rise buildings like*cough*Mahboula*cough*. About 30 minute drive from Salmiya and large malls.

Hi,

Not particularly! I don't really know anything about Kuwait or the different neighbourhoods, how far everything is to each other, what activities there are to do, etc. I like that is won't be overcrowded and close to the sea (I saw that from google maps!).

There isn't much in Fintas so count on having to drive to get things done. On the other hand you won't spend half of your life in traffic like in Salmiya. A lot of stores are being opened in neighbouring Egaila so you won't have to drive distances at least for shopping. Seaside can be easily reached by foot.

Well I'm glad Google Maps helped

I'd say if you're coming for a green state or somewhere in the U.S. that really isn't hot or close to the desert, you'll have a bit of a hard time trying to adjust to Kuwait. Fintas is what I consider a long drive and here in Kuwait that's going to pose a problem since getting into a car here could be your last time, every time. People don't use signals, they're always over the speed limit, they race on the streets around innocent drivers, they overtake everyone, basically anything illegal you could think of. Although Fintas is quiet, I don't think you'll like the malls there since you'll be the only person who's not wearing the traditional clothing of kuwait. Expats usually go to Marina mall, Avenues, or places in Salmiya mostly. It's the safest place to go if you don't speak the language! Other than that, it's going to grow on you in quite some time. I wish you the best of luck!

TimeKeepingStud wrote:

Fintas is what I consider a long drive and here in Kuwait that's going to pose a problem since getting into a car here could be your last time, every time.

True this.

Hi fintas is nice place

Hi fintas is nice place