BMI to start flights to Libya in December

BMI is to launch a daily service from London to Tripoli from 1 December 2010, :):)

The service, operated by an Airbus A319, will begin on 1st December 2010 and is available to book from today. Flight BD469 will depart London Heathrow at 08:55hrs and arrive in Tripoli at 14.30hrs. Flight BD470 will leave Tripoli at 15:15hrs, arriving at London Heathrow at 16:45hrs.

but who will use them at 20kg a bag when BA are 23kg on economy and then BMI charge £17 a kilo that u r over doesnt make sense I will stick with BA

All the tourists .:rolleyes::D

Mr ed wrote:

but who will use them at 20kg a bag when BA are 23kg on economy and then BMI charge £17 a kilo that u r over doesnt make sense I will stick with BA

Afriqiyah to/from Gatwick always worked for us. 2 adults, 1 child, 113Kg between us :)

Think of the sausages, bacon and beer kits ;)

also near enough same timing as BA . BMI "raped" us over overwieght bags when we went to Mallorca withthem . We'd paid extra to take bikes then tehy charged us for the bikes being overwieght bastads!

Afriqiyah have the most generous luggage allowances I've seen.
Good food too.

Mudman wrote:

Afriqiyah have the most generous luggage allowances I've seen.
Good food too.

... But dry as a bone :(

BA Return (TIP-LHR-TIP) LYD405. Beat that BMI :rolleyes:

If you're trying to fly in and out Sunday/Thursday - buy a one-way to Tripoli, and then buy your tickets here. Go to BA.COM and select your country as Libya. Then make the booking (you can't pay online). All you need to do is go to the BA office downtown (or at the airport) to pay (within 72 hours).

Works for me ;)

Does anybody do Tripoli to Manchester direct?

I have heard Libyan Airlines do a direct flight and others too.

At the moment I do KLM via a 2 hour wait in Schipol.

kes1978 wrote:

Staff in my office have used Libyan Airlines, it's a lottery. If you get a new plane you're laughing, if you get an older plane, well at least you're not paying alot for the ticket.

kes1978 wrote:

About 4 direct flights a week Tripoli - Manchester. Leaves Tripoli around 8am. We would have used them had it not been for Ariqiyah's massive baggage allowance.

kes1978 wrote:

At the moment, it is only Libyan Airlines, they have 5 flights a week TIP-MAN-TIP.

Last month I paid about 550 LYD and it still can get cheaper during winter season.

Thanks for the info guys, very helpful :top:

Baggage allowance is not a problem for me, I just want a direct flight for future refs, for the odd long weekend back home.

KLM was 640 LYD last time, but you do get to spend a couple of hours or so in the Irish bar in Amsterdam though :whistle: