Karaoke and the Philippines

I try not to complain too much about life in the Philippines, and this is really a Japanese fault (as they invented the karaoke)... but...

After four hours today of forced listening to people who can't sing, sharing their miserable voices with the entire area, it just feels too much..

I picked a quite place to live, and no problems for months. Some parties around at times with decent music, but this one... My ears are hurting.  I wonder how their neighbours cope ?

But...  It is something to think about when living in the Philippines. they love to SHARE their voices in karaoke, as loud as they can. Massive speakers outside, to ensure we all hear them.

Many Filipinos have good voices, and I suppose don't get noticed as much, but this one today !!!

Maybe I should retaliate and share my voice ;)  But I may get stoned by the crowd, my singing is best not heard, but maybe today my singing isn't the worst after all !!

Definitely part of life here and thank goodness not 24/7. We also thankfully live in a quiet area and rarely hear the blasting of an off key karaoke voice, though recently a beautiful breezy Saturday coffee on the veranda was interrupted by the sudden onslaught of some horrible singing at what had to be a level close to a jet fighter passing within a few yards of the roof.
My wife and I looked at each other and smiled, waited a few moments and retired to the relative quiet of our living room and turned up the TV. People just having fun.
Unfortunately the "fun" went on past midnight and not being able to sleep we stayed up until around 2 am when the "entertainment" was put to rest. Off to bed, party over, or so we thought.
Apparently someone had purchased this machine from hades because it started anew the following morning around 6 am, lucky us.  This time the off-key bellowing seemed to be restricted to two voices that shared the task of filling a quiet Sunday morning with something akin to the torturing of a cat.
This went on for a couple hours and abruptly ended, death threats from the neighbors?  :)  The sounds of birds singing and leaves rustling in the breeze returned to us with a new appreciation for their relaxing sounds.
The morning torture went on for a couple days after that and either someone destroyed the machine, sold it or put it under lock and key for the next party as we have had peace and quiet since then.
We love hearing laughter, singing and family's celebrating, but we also enjoy the return to relative peace and quiet at the party's end. Such is life here in the Phil........... :D