Timeline for Work Visa

Hi,

Can anyone tell me by experience how much time it takes for non-EU national to receive a work/residence permit?
I am talking about the initial process where I have to collect the visa stamp on my passport in my home country and allows me to travel to Czech Republic.
I know residence permit will have to be applied when inside the country.

I know the standard answer is 90 days ( 3 months ), but does it takes this long as in Netherlands similar visa they use to say 3 months but would take no more then 4-6 weeks.

If anyone knows by experience would be better?

Regards,
Amit

Ive received mine in 6th week

Nomally it takes 6-7 weeks but depends on location

Ok thanks , yes I received it in 6 weeks to be exact.

Hello Amit,
i have been offered a conditional letter for study in VSE( uni of eco) in Prague , its a two years masters program.
i would like to know if there is any kind of job search visa or any kind of extension that i can get once i finish my studies and looking for a permanent job .
i would like to get settle down in Prague so what will be the best possible path to take , any help on this will be great full.
Thank you
Nile

Hi , congrats you will love Prague , its beautiful city.
But, I am here on work visa , I do not have any idea if students get a job search visa or period after studies.
I think you should try and ask some students about this.
You could also ask your university, they can provide some info.

Only option I know is if a company hires you and makes your work / residence permit and trust me most companies say do you have a work permit and if you say no, its ok bye . I was just lucky.

Thanks ,

But is it possible to convert my study visa to work permit after the course duration is finished .

I have my BSC(CS) degree and work experience for 3 years as technical support  , and i am coming there to study IT management .

what do you think of scope of getting job in IT related companies how is the IT sector  there.
sorry for so many questions :)

Neeraj

After 2 yrs of study you can convert to work permit but for that you need a job first.
The company makes your work permit.
There are many IT jobs here and most of them want English speakers but the only problem is which company is going to make work permit which could take 6 weeks or so.

OK great
Thanks for the info

Hope to you soon in prague  if things go as planned ;)

ok sure :)