One bed apartment cost in Yangon

It seems that everything is moving at such a pace in Myanmar that it's hard to get a picture of how much everything will cost if I come to work in Yangon. Also, people have such differing standards.

I know that I can live quite comfortably in Chiang Mai, Thailand, for $600 a month, everything included. It's really hard to know what the same life would cost in Yangon. My main worry is the cost of an apartment. In Chiang Mai I can get a nice comfortable one room apartment, with shower/toilet room, and possibly a balcony with nice view, for $150, or less, a month. From what I see online it seriously seems that Yangon is ten times more expensive, with people paying between $1000 to $2000. Does anyone have knowledge of Chiang Mai and Yangon, who could give me an idea about how much a cheap but convenient life, similar to what I'm used to, would cost in Yangon. I'm specifically concerned about an apartment.

Basically, I'm wondering how much a one roomed apartment, with air-conditioning, toilet and shower, close to Yangon University would cost. I know there are other posts about cost of living in Yangon, but I fear some of them are a bit out of date.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JumpingJehoshaphat wrote:

It seems that everything is moving at such a pace in Myanmar that it's hard to get a picture of how much everything will cost if I come to work in Yangon. Also, people have such differing standards.

I know that I can live quite comfortably in Chiang Mai, Thailand, for $600 a month, everything included. It's really hard to know what the same life would cost in Yangon. My main worry is the cost of an apartment. In Chiang Mai I can get a nice comfortable one room apartment, with shower/toilet room, and possibly a balcony with nice view, for $150, or less, a month. From what I see online it seriously seems that Yangon is ten times more expensive, with people paying between $1000 to $2000. Does anyone have knowledge of Chiang Mai and Yangon, who could give me an idea about how much a cheap but convenient life, similar to what I'm used to, would cost in Yangon. I'm specifically concerned about an apartment.

Basically, I'm wondering how much a one roomed apartment, with air-conditioning, toilet and shower, close to Yangon University would cost. I know there are other posts about cost of living in Yangon, but I fear some of them are a bit out of date.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forum.

Please read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

R u looking for apartment. I am the owner and we can discuss further details. As i am going to overseas, i plan to rent my apartment at downtown area

Email me

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share emails on the forum.

Hello Htun,

I just move to work in Yangon and look for an apartment. Please advise how I get contact with you for further discussion? Is it possible for you to post some pictures of your house?

Thanks

Tu Van

Hello everyone,

For accommodation offers and searches, please browse through or drop an advert in the Flats for rent in Myanmar section of the website.

That will be the appropriate section to do so.

Thank you
Bhavna :)

Prices are finally coming down as more empty accomm is now available. It is important to negotiate and counter offer. Do NOT take the agents price as the final word. They will try to convince you it is. It is best to find an area you are interested in and walk/drive around asking locals what is available in the area. Also ask other expats.

Hi chi Tu Van,

Have you found yourself an accommodation? I am also looking for a shared apartment as well!

Lan

Hi Lan,

If you are looking for accommodation I will invite you to please post an advert in the Flat share in Myanmar section as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi ! I am also looking for an apartment and roomates ! Did you already find something ? I want something not to far from Insein Road

Hi !
I am a newcomer in Yangon, staying here for 6 months and currently looking for a room and roomates before middle august. If someone interested to be my roomate let me know !
Lucie Berthet 09263700746

HI Lucie,

My apartment is on the Insein Road (Main Road near KanBawZa Bank, if u know place).
It is currently rented out but if u really want it, then we can get it end August.
R u staying alone ? coz the unit the tenancy due is 13x60 feet which i partitioned 2 rooms.  It's 3rd floor (ground-first-second-third).
I expect about USD-400.

Thanks and i can be contactable by Vibre or Whatsapp

00 959 975485946

PLease contact me on whatsapp I am at work. I want to share the flat with my italian friend

whatsapp is +3365117736

Lucie, i tried to add in but failed. Can u initiate call whatpp or Vibre at

00959975485946 or

gmail : [email protected]

i think u need to add in ur country code coz i tried both of ur numbers and failed to see in whatsapp. or may be u type in gmail Or u have any skype chat????

ok we can speak here.
what is the exact adress ? is it 400 to divide per 2 ? Are there 2 rooms available ?

Hi, I just see ur message. Sory for late response. R u in Myanmar already?
u can vibre me 00959975485946 or gmail chat
[email protected]

Dear u want see i can show u this weekend. But need to confirm exact time as i need to inform my current tenant as well. and will follow with u as well.

USD 400 ya, u can share with ur friends. Its a 2 BD room apartment with windows and tile flooring.  I think u better see first and upon interest, then we can further discuss details..

WHere is ur office ? on Insein Road?

do u have any gmail? or skype? so we can have online prompt chat , beter

Hi, my contact details as :

cho thandar htun
[email protected]

Hi Lan,

U found ur apartment already? i have a unit (i am owner).
If u r still searching, let me know which location u r interested? and size?
Tq

Hi Stumpy,

R u in Myanmar already? Still searching apartment? If yes, i hv one of my own.

Tq contact me

CHO THANDAR HTUN wrote:

Hi Stumpy,

R u in Myanmar already? Still searching apartment? If yes, i hv one of my own.

Tq contact me

No I am not in Myanmar and am not searching for an apartment. 

Please be advised that this forum is not a chat room. If you wish to contact others you can do it through the PM system.

Also advertising of any kind is not permitted on this section of the forum. You can place a free ad in the housing section located in the green banner at the top of this page.
Thank you.

Closed