PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS IN HANOI - NORTH VIETNAM

Being a foreigner married to a Vietnamese citizen,  lived  and worked  in Hanoi Vietnam for the last 15 years.  My children were born here and do the schooling here in Vietnam, still I hold a Temporary Resident Permit (renewable every 3 years).

Under the Vietnamese  Immigration law Decree 21/2001 ND-CP  and  Law on Entry, Exit, Transit & Residence Of  Foreigners in Vietnam Decree No. 47/2014/QH13 dated Hanoi 16 June 2014, (which came into effect on 1 January 2015)  Under Article 39 Point 3  (Foreigner sponsored by his spouse) and article 40 & 41, I qualify for application for a Permanent  Resident Status in Vietnam.

When I took my  application dossier to the Immigration Police Department at 44 Pham Ngoc Thach Street, Hanoi, (on 30/06/15)  my application  was not accepted.  The reason given was North Vietnam  does not entertain Permanent Resident Applications although South Vietnam  (HCMC) does accept and issue PR for residents in South Vietnam..

My friends living in South Vietnam (HCMC)  in a similar situation to mine has  indeed obtained PR  status by applying in HCMC city.

Has anybody experienced this situation ?  can somebody direct me to an  authority to voice my grievance and injustice on application of one law in one country rather than subdividing the country into two ?  or provide help or give second opinions ?

Rice farmers running the government are paranoid about foreigners and folks from the south being too close.

Immigration LOVES to **** with people and, well, you are one of them! Go to HCMC and get what you want! Sorry, but if that is the only place, then you must go there! Good luck as a new potentate has taken over the immigration department on 1/07!

Thank you for your advice.  But it is not that easy, one must live and work in HCMC for over 3+ years and be married to a spouse in HCMC (marry again ?) who owns a house in HCMC (buy another house ?) and should be able to sponsor.

is it worth it ?