Is 8k/permonth RM is sufficient for software engineer in KL??

Is 8k/permonth RM is sufficient for software engineer in KL with 4 years experiece?? Apart from this company is providing Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Mobile phone bills upto 200RM per month. Currently In india I am getting 70k per month. Please share your thoughts.

Its a typical salary these days. You can easily live off it and save. COL will depend on whether you want to have your own apartment or just have a room in one. The prices of accommodation depend on the area in which you need to live to reach your workplace. You can save around RM4k per month if you don't party.

My personal opinion - for a 4 year experience it is okay but for some one who is already earning 70k this is not a big leap. If you were earning in the 30-40k range then this would have been a good package.

If you ask me its a good salary and u can save a lot with this salary in malaysia. U can stay in sharing apartment and share utilities bills. So i guess u would save around 4000 ringgit minimum. In india ur salary is 70000. From these i would deduct ur expenses and u can save may be 25000 or 30000 at the max. Here u can save 70000 per month. Plus u r getting health benefits, mobile bills etc. Plus international exposure which adds value to ur cv in future.
So i guess i should not leave this offer.....

I agree with devendra. The typical calculation is double ur salary in india and convert to myr. That should be your baseline. In your case, thats roughly 8k myr.

8k for software engineer...proj mgr or team lead..yes that is the salary not sw engineer.....whats the catch?