Moving to London with a Cat

Hello everyone,

I'm from Portugal but at the moment living the the Netherlands. My family although lives in London and I wanted to move there within the month of July. But I am a cat and I believe that through Ryanair, according to the Terms&Conditions they don't allow pets to travel in the airplane.

Can someone help me how to make the move?? Thank you so much!

Some airlines allow pets on board the aircraft you have to check with them first. No frills airliners will charge you more, so look at all airliners.

Personally I would avoid Ryanair (from expeariance) Im just saying.

Simon

Hello Simon,

and thank you for the quick response. The other issue is, to flight from Eindhoven to London, there are no other flights companies. At least not that i've been aware of...

So i'm delaying my move due to the lack of info actually :S

Maybe go to a major airüort?

Or you could use a pet service via the airline. That can run in to bug bucks?

There's more to worry about than the airline. You cannot just import a cat into the UK. It needs its own passport, injections, microchip etc. it can only come in through certain routes on certain companies. RyanAir EasyJet etc are banned from bringing animals to the UK. Animals can only come in through certain ports / airports.  All this has to be organised in advance and you have to have permission in advance to bring the animal in on a specific route at a specific time, assuming they agree.
Finally - it is not permitted to bring in an animal via Eindhoven.
If you bring in an animal without doing it properly you run the risk of the animal being put into quarantine for six months (costs a bomb) or the animal may be destroyed.

None of the low cost airlines are able to fly animals and usually it's major hub to hub.
Animals are routinely flown in the hold. The hold is pressurised the same as the cabin. There is one part of the hold that is heated just above zero for the animals. There is a very small light for the animals.
Some airlines will allow a cat in the cabin.

Cited  : "But I am a cat [...] "

As long as you are a cat, you can't book a seat in any airlines by your own ... ^^

Ok...  I should leave  ...