Vetting process delaying approval of EP

Hi

I have worked in Singapore for 4 years on EP2 , I resigned from my last company to join a insurance group , I had been already relived from my last company , however EP that is applied by new company is showing "pending inputs from vetting agency", it's already been 40 days since the date of application. I have been offered 9000$ which is 1800$ more than my last earned salary in Singapore , my last company was a tier 1 IT company of Indian origin ( I was hired locally). Could anybody please let me know what are the possibilities of EP getting rejected. Note that all education institutes are listed in mom . I have 11.4 years of experience and out of which only one company that I worked 4 years ago closed down ( company was legal IT firm but only start up) .
Please let me know what are the possibilities of rejection after check from vetiting agencies.
Regards
Virat

During the vetting process, the authenticity of your certs and other infos is checked with your home country school, employers and other sources. Depending on how fast these react, it can take quite long. I have heard of two months or longer.
After vetting, the normal approval process will resume. If they found any of your data wrong or dubious, you will be rejected, but if everything is fine (and you plus your employer fulfilling all other EP requirements), you will get approved.
There is nothing you can do to speed up this process, but if your old EP and the subsequent SVP runs out in the meantime, you can ask for an extension (but you cannot work during that time).

Thanks Beppi, you mentioned that it may take more than 2 months , however  status on EP request shows that "within 2 months of application result will come". Is there any possibility whatsoever that it can get delayed longer than given 2 months.

The longest cases I hard of were just over two months - but MoM takes as long as it takes, and as I said there is nothing you can do to speed things up. So be patient and wait!

Hello Virat,

As per the date of your post, you EP should be approved by now.

In my case, My EP was applied on Sept 8th 2015 by the employer and its been in pending status since then. It has been more than 40 days now in pending status. I actively check the status online everyday and I have never seen any other status apart from "pending". Last week (last Wednesday) MOM asked the employer for more company related information and my signed offer letter which was submitted immediately. Upon this submission it was stated in the portal that it would take 1 week from there. Now it has been more than a week also. My salary is 5k SGD per month which is 1.5K more than my previous job. I have a master degree from NUS which I completed in 2014 and been working in Singapore for 1.4 years. Prior to Singapore, I was working in India for 2.3 years.

Not sure whats wrong in my case here. I have never seen any other status apart from "pending".
The HR called up MOM to check why its in pending state for these many days - they do not give a proper answer and just say to check online everyday.

Not sure what my next steps as I had already quit my old job and eagerly waiting for MOM to approve.
I just see "pending" and I dont see pending with whom as in your case you atleast knew it was pending with vetting agency which was the cause for the cause for the delay.
Is there anyway I can get more information of the actual status of my application?

Thanks,
Karthik

Addtionally, I had submitted my PR application in mid July 2015 which is also in pending state. I know PR application would take 4 months to 6 months from application for an outcome.

Not sure if this can affect my EP application here. Ideally it should not affect. But just keeping this also a case.

Thanks,
Karthik

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait.
And learn, maybe, that it is a risky move to resing from a previous job before the new EP is approved.
Your PR application has no influence on all this, but if you lose your visa and need to leave Singapore (even temporarily), it's bad for your PR.

Thanks Beppi. I will wait only as I have been always doing.

Karthik, Have you got the EP?

Virat.vijay wrote:

Hi

I have worked in Singapore for 4 years on EP2 , I resigned from my last company to join a insurance group , I had been already relived from my last company , however EP that is applied by new company is showing "pending inputs from vetting agency", it's already been 40 days since the date of application. I have been offered 9000$ which is 1800$ more than my last earned salary in Singapore , my last company was a tier 1 IT company of Indian origin ( I was hired locally). Could anybody please let me know what are the possibilities of EP getting rejected. Note that all education institutes are listed in mom . I have 11.4 years of experience and out of which only one company that I worked 4 years ago closed down ( company was legal IT firm but only start up) .
Please let me know what are the possibilities of rejection after check from vetiting agencies.
Regards
Virat

Dear Virat,

Have you got your EP approved as my case is very similar to yours,

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience with you, previously my status was also "pending input from vetting agencies".
after 3 weeks (exactly 21 days from your application time), it is finally approved.
I pursued my studies in Singapore's local polytechnic..even I had a bond with the government, I still had to wait up to 3 weeks.
Best is you get your HR manager to check with MOM frequently since MOM would not reveal any information to us.

for the rest who are still waiting, I feel you.. don't lose hope! and all the best for your future endeavors  :)

Hi,

My EP was applied around 7 weeks back, I had an earlier EP, Which got expired.

Till now when I check the status, it was only showing the previous card details.

Yesterday it showed me the new application number and application date as yesterday, and the status is now shown as pending.

Will it now move to pending with vetting agencies, any other status to expect. So from now it can take another 2 months?

If my education has not changed, and the experience alone has changed with the same organisation, will my application still go through vetting agencies? or will the step be skipped
BR.

Vetting Agency come into picture when MoM requires to verify authenticity of a document (your educational certificate and job experiences). If your above two have no changes or only your experience in Singapore is the additional information filled in your application then MoM certainly won't liaise with any vetting agency. Each application takes its own time to go through approval process. So, how many days it will take, would difficult to tell but should be faster than earlier time. Good luck