Vietnamese language is easy

Hi All,

Do you love our Vietnam?
Have you tried Pho before?
Do you like weather and the beaches here?
I wonder if you ever scream "OMG" when seeing a lot of motobikes in the streets?
It's about culture, so unique,
Any troubles with u when being in VN.
I greatly want to introduce our VN to all of you.

Dont hesitate, just call me if you need my help ( esp about leaning Vietnamese)

Wish all u guys a great time in Vietnam

Thanks

Samphung

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your phone number on the forum for your own security

Hello Samphung,

What city would you be offering Vietnamese lessons in?  I am moving to Danang next month.

Thank you!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry for late to reply your SMS. I'm now free to come back this blog. It's happier to see u in HCMC. Danang is a beautiful, peace city different from HCM noisy city. I'm sure u can discover many special things there. People said that HCMC is not safe so u'r lucky not to live here. :) It's interesting to stay in DN. Hope to see u in HCMC to tell u how Nice HCMC is.

See u,

Samphung

My email is ++++ It's happy to see u

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

As I am finding learning Viet. difficult is anyone finding it easy, and if so…how ?
Are you giving lessons Samphung or just making contacts..I am in Hue  and need to get fluent
JRT

Tapcom - I have never found a Westerner who thought it was easy to learn Vietnamese, and that includes me. I learn Vietnamese when I was a young man and it was difficult for me then. Older people cannot even hear the tones, unless we have already learnt a tonal language. So do your best without the tones. Apart from tones, there are many sounds and sound combinations which we do not have in English and are difficult to master. You must learn to hear these before it is possible for you to say them yourself. The only way to learn Vietnamese is slowly, slowly.

Have a look at everydayviet.com for some 20 odd free lessons, starting at No 1:
http://www.everydayviet.com/video/lesso … ietnamese/

The instructor has a clear, southern accent, which is different from the Danang accent, but these lessons should still be useful for you.

If you have any specific questions, please PM me.  Good luck.

How kind..thank you…I have been told my sound/tone changes are good…its the running the words together floors me…thanks again..John

Hi Ralph, that sure is helpful, cam on rat nhieu

Sumeth - You will find that Vietnamese word order is very close to Thai word order, and Vietnamese uses classifiers very similar to the way they are used in Thailand. Very few words in Vietnamese are similar to Thai, exceptions include 'dài' - long, and cá mực - squid.  I think you will find Vietnamese easy to learn.
Ralph

Vietnamese is very hard to begin with. Once you've got all the tones down, then speaking, reading and writing is easy. It's still hard to understand people unless they slow down though. A whole sentence turns into a single sound, it can be very very difficult to decipher. I should really carry a pen and paper with me for when I can't hear a reply. I've learnt everything by myself, but I'd recommend getting a teacher because you will improve much quicker. Btw, I figured out that if you speak hardly moving your tongue, you will sound a lot better.

Hi All,

I think learing VN language is not difficult, the most important that u have to find the best way to learn for yourseft. Some people think that writing is easier speaking but not the others.... But anaways, u have to listen, listen and listen to find the common  in advande coz Vn lang have many accents, many tones, many sounds and not to practice at that time as when u try to speak out impulsively u will easily make mistake. That sounds too strange but just believe me the more listening the more mastering. The first time u cant undertand what it is, pls dont tell them translate just tell them repeat that by gesture. Today, language  put in your mind, someday u automatic speak out. Thanks.

Welcome to my free Vietnamese lessons

Hello all

Whether you are looking for or proposing Vietnamese language classes, please refer with an advert to the appropriate section of the site :Language classes in Vietnam

Regards
Kenjee

Sorry Samphung,

Learning a language is always difficult as you show yourself all the time in your posts, your English is really poor, and stating this to people who know only 1 Germanic language doesn't make it easier. The Fact that a French monk changed the Vietnamese language into a bastard language between Asian languages and European languages doesn't help either, and the fact that Vietnamese people are really not that help full when you'r learning is not help full at all. I myself come from Belgium and already speak 4 languages fluent, Dutch, French, English and German. Personally after three years living and breathing Vietnam, I can say I will survive in Vietnam without speaking English, but a conversation that will take me at least another 5 years, or the Vietnamese university for foreigners but that's expensive, but the only foreigner I met in this period of 3 years who spoke Vietnamese perfectly was somebody who went to that university. So my advice for foreigners is if you'r interested in the language commit yourself in the start of your long stay in Vietnam, go to a school or uni with real teachers, or teachers with certification, teachers who teach English in the High schools are pretty good as they have a better grasp of our culture of education in the western world, and avoid self proclaimed tutors and teachers as in most cases they don't have clue what teaching is and you' ll only learn "how to get rid of your money " techniques.