Canada Express entry VISA from India in IT

Hi Everyone,

It has been wonderful journey so far with expat forum. Before my cocern let me introduce my self.
- My name is Bharath, I am a post graduate in Electronics Engg. and working in IT industry for past 5+ years. My wife is an undergrad in Electronics and currently home maker. We have a 5 months old baby boy.

We all want to migrate to Canada under Express entry VISA. I have calculated my CRS (Comprehensive ranking systrm)points which is a total of 1200 ....

-  first 600 which is for education+experience + partner and etc.,  I got 370 points.
- for second 600 points I dont have a job offer or state sponsorship so zero points.

Now,  how can I improve my overall points to 800 to 900 so I could fall in the next pick from pool?. ***Please suggest**.

Also,  I spoke to a Law firm &consulting company they said they can help us getting in job offer or state sponsorship to get the second 600 points. How legitimate is that and how far a consulting company can help in sponsor job or state sponsorship???.

Thanks
Bharath Jakkani

bharath_j wrote:

Also,  I spoke to a Law firm &consulting company they said they can help us getting in job offer or state sponsorship to get the second 600 points. How legitimate is that and how far a consulting company can help in sponsor job or state sponsorship???.

Anyone who says that is just trying to entice you to sign up and pay the deposit to win you over to their services. In other words - "sweeten the deal". I'd be concern. Perhaps they may know people in the business. They might refer you to someone but that's not even equal to the phrase "get you a job offer". Remember the word "help you" infront of it. That's a very vague statement. Help doesn't mean they are obligated to do anything if they don't want to. As far as I can tell, most immigration consultants are not obligated to help you in securing a job.

Hi Philipyeo,

Thanks for reply. I hope you remember me...we chat over Canada PR few weekd ago. You said you opted for a consulting company when you applied second time to Canada PR if I am not wrong.

If incase a consulting company is just referring to few companies it is rare we get a job offer as of my feeling.

Even if I apply by my self to PR then how we will get 600 points and how it will help foreigners to go to Canada from home country!! Impossible.

The new system is even more harder than simpler which is contradicting with their statement about express entry.... ' new express entry will fill the need of job vacancies in canada'.

Thanks
Bharath

I already got my work permit when I used the immigration consultant's services - in other words I did not need any help getting a job from them. Frankly speaking I do not know much about the new scoring system under the express entry.

In the case of getting job offer whilst you are abroad - I can only say that it is extremely rare for folks in the IT industry. Unless you posses an extremely rare skillset that is hard to come by, you application is not worth the HR's while. Take for example, in my world of software integration, Websphere MQ and Message Broker on System z platform talents don't come by very often. Someone with a confirmed skillset like that may get potential employers scrambling to hire them and also jump over all hurdles to make sure they are able to work here. That'll mean getting you a working permit. Now unless, PR (express entry) is just as fast as working permit, they'd be willing to help you with the PR instead. Otherwise it all depends on which is faster. I've heard that with the express entry, if you do have a job offer, it can very fast to get it processed.

The site: www.jobbank.gc.ca have a listing of jobs with LMIA available or go to www.techmeabroad.com for companies who are willing to wait and help you with your work permit application.

Now, if you do not have job offer, I would think it would take longer for your application to be process - but I am not sure. Do check with an actual immigration consultant. These are the things you will benefit if you do not cheap out on getting an immigration consultant. They (the good ones) can advise you properly. You do not need to be in the same country as them. My consultant was in Toronto all the while, while I was in Halifax. I never at one moment met her.

The other option is to apply for further studies e.g. a pretty quick masters (2 years maybe - just avoid anything that requires a thesis) and while you are doing that your spouse can have a open work permit (meaning can work with any company). Then when you graduate, its very easy to obtain a work permit and then eventually enroute to a PR. This may be longer. But if your spouse do work, her / your (depending who studies) salary can help to work out the cost of living. As to the tuition fees, if you do masters, you can apply for a TA or an RA which will also help out a bit. Its not luxury but its definitely a way to get your foot in - legally. Now if this option suites you or interest you, and you do not mind going to Halifax, NS, just PM me (nicely of course), and I'll share further details on what to expect, which course you should target for and which place to rent to save cost etc etc.