Visa-free for citizens from Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain

Vietnam is going to grant visa-free entry for citizens from Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain from 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016 (this period can be considered to be renewed).

In details, from 1 July 2015, visitors from the above 5 countries can enter Vietnam without having to apply for any kind of visas. The duration of temporary residence permits issued to nationals of the above countries shall be 15 days regardless of types of passports, entry purposes.

[Resolution No.46/NQ-CP dated 18 June 2015 of the Government]

Will this change the tourism numbers much? I think not. Someone tell me, has it been a hassle before for these countries to enter the country with a 15 day tourist visa? Is it not as it has been for swedish citizens before that all you needed to do was to fill out the form you were given on the plane and you were good to go?

Giving out a 30 day entry visa would be a good start. Vietnam has a lot to offer and someone who wants to experience much of it, 15 days won't really cut it.

Is there any chance Vietnam will do the same or at least VOA for US passport holders?

Alitis wrote:

Is there any chance Vietnam will do the same or at least VOA for US passport holders?

There has been no announcement about this,but from 1st July next year (2016) the scheme will be extended to citizens of Australia,Canada and New Zealand

I hope they change it for US passport holders as well. Can you let me know if anything changes for this?

Thanks.

-Daniel

Thanks oasisbarhatien.. we can only hope for a change!!!!