Software Engineering offer from Norwegian multinational

Hi guys,
I received an offer from a Norwegian multinational for a software engineering position of just over 500k/annum. I only have a couple of years of experience and now graduating from my MSc in Stockholm.
The employer mentions benefits such as:
- phone (subscription + broadband)
- discounts (travel, taxi, etc)
- pension ~6% of salary
- subsidised lunch

From my research this seems below the average for Oslo and for the Software Engineering position. I requested a negotiation.

Can you guys give me some hints on whether the offer is appropriate given my work experience (2yrs) and academic background?

Thanks!

Hi, please note that any reimbursement of expenses such as phone etc are subjected to income tax.

Sometimes it might be better to pay your own expenses.

fornight wrote:

Hi, please note that any reimbursement of expenses such as phone etc are subjected to income tax.

In most of the case the benefits you get are still much higher than the tax cost.

As for the OP question, the salary is a bit on the lower band but not unacceptably low. Especially in the today's context of raising unemployement

AuNordDuMonde wrote:
fornight wrote:

In most of the case the benefits you get are still much higher than the tax cost.

As for the OP question, the salary is a bit on the lower band but not unacceptably low. Especially in the today's context of raising unemployement

Not for communication expenses.  Maybe it is only our company but the tax deduction is fixed amount per month. 370kr I think.  Imagine if you usually use less than 370kr, you are worse off being deducted 370kr per month for tax of such expenses.

AuNordDuMonde wrote:
fornight wrote:

Thanks! I negotiated a bit and they raised it almost 5%, but I find it acceptable since it's my first job in .no and looking to build more experience. They also provided the reasoning for the offer as well as hinting the salary shall grow proportional to tenure/deliverables.