Is A Degree Attestation is not mandatory for work in Saudi ?

Hi ,
Recently I accepted a job offer from one of the company in Saudi. Then I had to submit the medical reports & my passport to the consultancy who is taking care of my VISA process. And consultancy said I don't need to do Degree attestation as its not required in my case (Saudi employer mentioned to the consultancy). so want to know Is A Degree Attestation is not mandatory for work in Saudi? or its valid for only fresher candidate?  Also do I need to submit my passport to the consultancy for the VISA process?
A bit guidance can much help.
Thanks for the response ! :)
Krus

It all depends from company to company. Before the attestation was validated by MOL but now since it's done online it's getting validated by HR.

I'm surprised to find that a lot of companies are now not checking it.

For engineers and nurses, it is required!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

seeker of truth wrote:

For engineers and nurses, it is required!

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's for sure, Engineers and nurses no doubt as long as the profession on iqama says so.

That's the most important point. Depends on what king of visa you are coming on. Of course, the degree won't be needed if you are going on... say a labor profession (worst case scenario).

By the way, it's absolutely important to know what profession on visa your employer is processing for you.

I have membership ID .but my yaqeen is not verified .it is showing Red Cross mark and also degree is not attested and my iqama is going to be expire on January .please advice me

Regards
Tanmay Srivastava

Hello Krus,

I manage a corporate immigration consultancy myself so here is my advice / questions :

1- check the profession they are giving you on your visa. This should be stated on visa documents / contract;

2- if the profession is of technical nature or managerial, you will definitely need to have an attested degree / diploma.

3- confirm which country are you going to apply from ?

I think you are mixing up topics. I believe you are in KSA on Iqama and you have a SCE membership application as “pending”. If this is a renewal case and this is your first application to SCE this year then you should be ok with the renewal.

If your SCE membership  has been pending since last Iqama renewal then this will be a problem.

Actually my yaqeen is not verified it is showing Red Cross mark .I don't know how they give me membership without degree attesting . Now my iqama and membership is going to be expire on January . So I want to confirm that they will renew my iqama or not I have doubt on yaqeen not verified it is showing Red Cross mark and degree is also not attested but I receive valid membership id .please advice they will renew my iqama to not in January