Need help with Student Permit-coming fom USA

have been accepted for Graduate School at the University of Iceland.
Classes start on August 31St, 2015.   I am a U.S. citizen.  My student permit
application is due on July 1st (next Wednesday).   I am just finding out now
that I have to get an FBI background check. The FBI's website says that it's going
to take up to 90 days to receive!?!!??      What am I going to do?     Help!!!   
Do I need an apostille?  This  is so upsetting!     Am going to have to wait until next year?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much for reading this !

I'm in some other expat groups and this came up in one of them a few weeks ago. Some of the responses mentioned a few different things:
-it may not have to be certified and it may be possible to get it mailed directly from the FBI to utl
-wait times have been more like 5-10 days
-the university will probably let you attend classes even if your paperwork is not all in

note that above I've said "probably" and "may" though. Definitely get in contact with the university and explain the situation as I'm sure you're not the first and only American applicant they've had.

I need to find a health insurance company that is licensed in Iceland.  I'm trying to get temporary insurance for 6 months- and I need it in a hurry. The Directorate of Iceland, emailed me an extensive list of companies; however, so far, I am unable to find any companies that operate in Iceland. Please help ! They are granting me an extension and I have to get this done quickly!

Hello tnhontoiceland,

You may have a free quote from one of our partners in health insurance if you follow this link : Expatriate health insurance Reykjavik.

Hope it helps,  :)
Bhavna

You can look at TM Insurance http://tm.is . It is an Icelandic insurance company and as far as I know, it is where most expats get health insurance for the first 6 months (after 6 months the NHS system covers health care expenses)

What companies were on the list they provided? The one efiabruni suggested is what my employer used for me the first six months, but sjova also offers an option: http://www.sjova.is/view.asp?cat=1233