Well Done Expat-Blog

Visited a rival site for the first time in years today and its basically a ghost town now.They actually charged for membership at one point(not sure if they still do) for information readily available here lol

These fellas and lasses on this site know their onions ! All for free too, brilliant.

We hate "BE".

Please like this :)

In fairness a big chunk of that fee goes to a local animal charity, so that doesn't bother me.

Can't see why anyone should 'hate' BE, it has served expats very well for a number of years!

It has gone quieter of late with the change to the website and one or two members moving on but that is not a reason to 'Hate' it.

Ray

I once got told by them the £25 yearly fee "helped running costs". A website domain is about £3 per year,and most posts are by the public. Doesnt add up.

SunshineLover2011 wrote:

I once got told by them the £25 yearly fee "helped running costs". A website domain is about £3 per year,and most posts are by the public. Doesnt add up.

50% goes to the SPCA!  No one is forced to pay but it does keep the riff-raff out!

F0xgl0ve wrote:
SunshineLover2011 wrote:

50% goes to the SPCA!  No one is forced to pay but it does keep the riff-raff out!

Thats fair enough...but £12.50 into their pockets per sign up ? Whats your comeback for that ?

SunshineLover2011 wrote:
F0xgl0ve wrote:
SunshineLover2011 wrote:

Thats fair enough...but £12.50 into their pockets per sign up ? Whats your comeback for that ?

No comeback, BE is a business and that's how they make their money. This Blog, I guess, makes it's money from advertising, Julian does not run it for the good of his health!

Ray

Hi everybody,

Please please , we are not here to compare websites or to talk about rival sites etc.  :dumbom:

@ SunshineLover2011 > I really thank you for the great compliment you made concerning the Expat.com website, the whole team has seen your topic and we really thank you. ;)

If it happens that you have some ideas to improve the website or if you have some questions for us, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

P.S i am closing this thread in order to give more space for topics on expatriation. ;)

Closed