After annulment

:) hi good afternoon...hopefully iam getting the finality of my annulment this week and planning to get married again with an American asap... my question is.. since iam from Philippines what are the things that I need to do after getting my papers...is it a must to forward it first to nso or the court will do it? should I go to dfa for authentication or red ribbon? what are the things that I need to secure coz ill be asking only my mom to do it for me since iam here in Kuwait...lastly, will it take a long time before it reach Kuwait..  pls I need some answers...will really appreciate it..thanks and GODBLESS

Hi.  Yes. It is the court officer that will forward your documents. BUT if you're in a hurry, your representative should follow-up several times with the court.

Proper process: The court shall mail the annulment documents to the office of the Local Civil registrar (LCR) of the place where your marriage is registered. The LCR shall confirm with the court if the documents it received are indeed authentic. If authentic, LCR will record the fact of annulment on your marriage certificate.  The LCR will now forward your annulment documents and duly annotated marriage certificate to the NSO. The NSO will encode your marriage certificate. Finally, you can now request the NSO copy of your marriage certificate with annulment annotation.

Hope this helps. Good day.

Thanks for the reply...is this the way they process it in philippines? How come you know?do you live in philippines? Anyway my husband to be is really in a hurry i mean he wants us to get married once i got the annulment papers. Is it possible to have it straight away be certified by the dept of foreign affairs without checking my records at the nso(coz its already in process) since im going to use it abroad. Does the US embassy in kuwait will require a nso record or just the finallity of my papers thats being certified by the dfa

And one more thing...ones they deliver the finality of my annulment to our house...its not yet done with the nso?

Hi.

1. Delivery of the court decision to your philippine home does not mean NSO already has your new marriage certificate with annulment annotation.

For now you have to wait for the court decision. Once the decision is released annulling your marriage, tell your representative to proceed to the court to inquire: if the decision has attained finality; and (b) if yes, when the documents will be forwarded to LCR.

2. Authenticating the court decision with DFA will not solve the problem.

What you really need is a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage. This certificate is issued by the Philippine embassy in U.S. The latter will require, among others, a DFA authenticated NSO copy of your marriage certificate with annulment annotation. The court decision, by itself, is insufficient.

Don't think about everything. Take it step by step. For now wait for the decision then ask your representative to pay the court a visit.

Hope this helps.

My lawyer told me that the resolution or the finality will be delivered to our home in philippines by this week...so what are you trying to say is that my mom should  visit the court and ask them if it does attained the finality and if  they already forwarded it to LCR..and the so called legal capacity will be issued by the philippines embassy in US not in KUWAIT? since iam in kuwait...im sorry if im asking too much it just happened that i found a lawyer whos not even concerned and im even having a hard time to communicate with her coz she doesnt wanna be ask at all. I cant even ask her things like this cause she doesnt want too...i dont have any chance of confronting her coz iam here in kuwait...youre such a great help...normally how long does it take place from LCR to legal capacity...fyi my annulment grounds is EXISTING MARRIAGE...thats why it was considered null and void in the first place...dont you think this will be a great help for my situation to be a lot easier?

Hi, im sorry to bother you.. just want to ask kung saan ka nagpa annul at ilang months bago na  approved at magkano? i hope you dont mind ,  can you refer me to your laywer? Thank you so much.. Godbless.

Wag sa lawyer ko mukhang pera lahat ng galaw puro pera to think null and void ang kasal ko bcoz may existing marriage...kunwari hiningan aq ng 175 tapos nagpa add ng 15 k tapos ngayong pinapaexpidite ko nso records ko dahil nasa abroad aq shes asking again 20k wow!!! Null and void ang kasal ko hiningan nya ko ng more  than 200k..its actually 1yr now...and yan ang promise time nya...kaso d ko lam n after court decision papasa nila yun s lcr then lcr to nso peperahan ka nila pag alam nilang kailangang kailangan mo para magpakasal ulit..and girl it will rake a lot of time from court to nso kung nagmamadali ka...kaya nga eto puro under the table mayat maya hingi e wala pa qng nahahawakang documents..i know somebody and i think hes a good one his name is kurush expat xa pero s pinas n xa lumaki infact xa nagsdvise s kin dito s Expat.com for free...search mo xa...

Thank you so much Girl, just womdring if your first marraige is null and void bakit kailangan  mo pa mag pa annull?  One of my friend null and void ang first marraige nys dahil bata  or under age pa sya kinasal pero di sya dumaan sa ganyang proseso.. Nagpakasal sila ng Bf nya. But i dont really know kung ano ang ginawa nya.. Basta kumuha sya ng Senomar binigyan sya dahil nga sa null and void ang unang kasal nya.. But anyway maraming salamat.. Godbless and take care.. Good luck!

Foreigner asawa ko...ang tanong bakit nya ko need singilin ng ganung kalaki...and grabe ugali ng lawyer ko d mo matatake...ikaw b ano ang grounds mo s aswa mo

Naghahanap pa ako kung anong  grounds  :) .. After  one month ng kasal namin naghiwalay kami  nagpunta ako ng Taiwan then 4 for months in Taiwan sinabi sa akin ng  Ate nya na nagkabalikan sila ulit ng ex nya na nag wowork sa beerhouse at nagka anak sila .. kami walang anak.. then di na  kami nagkita 15 years na.Di ko na alam ang whereabouts nya..  May ne refer sa akin ang friend ko pero sobrang mahal package deal aabutin ng 6k dollars yun ha..Ikaw kelan ang kasal mo? dito ka ba magpapakasal sa Pinas? Oh by the way thanks for the friendship extended.

Ganyan naman talaga ang mga lawyer dito bukod lang sa mabait ha? pag alam nila  na medyo may makukuha sila yun ang dami nilang sisingilin sayo.
alam mo naman dito ang patakaran sa  Pinas..Money Talks

Hi Junix - can you please keep it in English on the Anglophone Forum :)

Hi billy, i was wondering what happened to your case? I am also currently abroad and my annulment is in process, my lawyer informed me that it should be done sometime January-February 2016...

But i would also need to know how to get the NSO copy as Im planning to change status as soon as the court decision comes out..Thanks in advance..

Hi Junix, i read your post too, my lawyer is good and doesnt charge that much. If you're interested, let me know. My email is [email protected].. :)

Hi...my annotated nso record is soon  to arrive here in kuwait by this month...it took me like a total of 1yr and 4 months..1 yr for the nullity of my marriage i mean the decision and almost 4 months for the other doc such as nso and dfa. If im not mistaken it depends also to the grounds that youre going to file...mine is bigamy thats why i had a nullity of marriage not an annulment(if im not mistaken theres a difference between the two) thats why i didnt encounter problems or delays its just my ex  is from US thats why it took  a yr..

Nso ikaw ang magpfile nun or it can be your lawyer that will be an additional charge esp kung papaexpidite mo... from the court where your lawyer files it mapupunta yun sa LCR kung san nyo finile yung case then s LCR kung san  kayo kinasal then s NSO ofice to office yan need nyo lang talaga n personal ifollow up...then dfa for authentication...medyo matagal s LCR

And if im not mistaken mabilis na 3 to 4 months for nso and dfa...goodluck for both of us

Wow! Super complicated nman hays... grabe ang tagal pala talga, 3-4 months.. well sabi ng lawyer ko sia na raw lahat, until i get my NSO doc.. so malamang un authentication n lng sa DFA ang papaayos ko sa mama ko..

Thanks sa response! and good luck!

If u dont mind ano kinaso mo s ex mo amd how much is the charge...san ka ngayon

sa min kase its different, the normal annulment grounds - psychological incapacity.. the total cost was 250k, i paid 80k-cash, then the rest is installment in 10 months... super expensive but its shorter than the normal procedure... nsa Dubai ako ngaun working..

I hope so the most important thing is naumpisahan mo na....in your case normal ang 250k...and as far as i can remember my lawyer did promised me an 8 months processng the fact na pinakamadali ang kaso ko kasi nullity of marriage yun..but alam mo naman ang pilipinas.. currupt..depende rin yan kung kelan ma schedule hearing mo kasi need mo mag appear once and kung d ako nagkakamali u and ur husband still need to see a psychologist or a doctor d ko sure and may pi fill upan ka..well kung well cooperative naman partner mo wala kang magiging problema.. matatapos din yan and everything will be fine in gods will

Hello everyone,

@mansanas06 and billy-sha, please keep it in English only on this anglophone version of the forum.

It will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please recommend this lawyer in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i just want to ask po kung sa lawyer po ang mag papa register sa civil registry at nso magkakano ang charges? or magkano binayaran mo?

kami nmn nagbayad ng 200k 6 months processing sbi ng lawyer nmin pero lumabas ang decision from the court after 10 months and then nag papadagdag sila ng 20k daw for the finality decision ipprocess palang next week... ok lang po ba na magbabayad kmi ng 20k for the registration daw sa civil registry and NSO?

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone,

@mansanas06 and billy-sha, please keep it in English only on this anglophone version of the forum.

It will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Hmm, no one reads...

Rhosh2007 wrote:

i just want to ask po kung sa lawyer po ang mag papa register sa civil registry at nso magkakano ang charges? or magkano binayaran mo?

Rhosh2007 wrote:

kami nmn nagbayad ng 200k 6 months processing sbi ng lawyer nmin pero lumabas ang decision from the court after 10 months and then nag papadagdag sila ng 20k daw for the finality decision ipprocess palang next week... ok lang po ba na magbabayad kmi ng 20k for the registration daw sa civil registry and NSO?

Yes...publications is excluded with the charge fee that they have asked on the first time..normally 15 to 20k that is 3months time..tawaran mo na lang

In my case i asked somebody(not my lawyer) to do it for me since iam working abroad. I thought it would be better...but its the same...she charged me for 15k only but it took almost 5months for complition..first you really need to be patient youre almost there..i advice you to let youre lawyer do it for you..tawaran mo na lang..

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please post only in English

hi! may i know the name of your lawyer? i'm currently looking for a good since i'm planning to process annulment as soon as possible. thank you!

i can recommend a lawyer. email: xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory.

Hi how's your annulment process? Is it successful? Because I'm planning also to process annulment this year

Yes, the latest one lasted only one year..however the problem is the judge who handled the case just retired

I've just read that the House of Representatives Ok'd House Bill 6779 on it's second reading, in which one of the authors states, “Once this bill becomes a law, a declaration of nullity decreed by the Church will hold as much weight and have the same effect as a civil annulment. This removes the burden of undergoing the civil annulment process” or as I understand it, the civil courts will uphold and recognize the church's decree avoiding the need to go through the civil process......just an FYI and something to keep your eye on

Minimum of 6months processing for annulment? Where can i do that?
Is there any way it can be expedited?